The default user for news generated by press releases or guest posted from other websites! But we can pretend that I'm really some hot journalist eating his morning cereal!
Ukiyo Publishing and Overhype Studios announced today that the acclaimed turn-based tactical RPG Battle Brothers and Complete Edition are available for pre-order on Xbox consoles starting from €27.99/$29.99/£22.99, for the base version, and both with a 20% off release discount.
Battle Brothers is a turn-based strategy RPG mix that has you leading a mercenary company in a gritty, low-power, medieval fantasy world. You decide where to go, whom to hire or to fight, what contracts to take and how to train and equip your men in a procedurally generated open world campaign. The game consists of a strategic world map and a tactical combat layer. On the world map you can freely travel in order to take contracts that earn you good coin, find places worth looting, enemies, worth pursuing, or towns to resupply and hire men at. This is also where you manage, level up, and equip your Battle Brothers. Once you engage a hostile party the game will switch to a tactical map where the actual fighting takes place as detailed turn-based combat.
Battle Brothers, a cult game universally praised for its deep tactical gameplay and its gritty low-fantasy world, comes to Sony and Microsoft consoles (PS4/PS5 and Xbox One/Series X) after being released on Nintendo Switch on March 11th, 2020.
Battle Brothers – PlayStation
- Manage a medieval mercenary company in a procedurally generated open world
- Fight complex turn-based tactical battles with historical equipment and brutal injuries
- Permadeath. All characters that die in combat will stay dead – unless they return as the undead
- All characters come with their own background stories and traits
- Character development without a restrictive class-system. Gain XP in battle to level up your characters and acquire powerful perks
- Different weapons grant unique skills: split shields with axes, stun enemies with maces, form a spearwall with spears or crush armor with a warhammer
- Diverse enemy roster. All enemies have unique equipment, skills and AI behavior.
- A dynamic event system with atmospheric encounters and tough decisions outside of combat.
- Three late game crises – a war between noble houses, a greenskin invasion and an undead scourge –, plus one included in the DLC ‘Blazing Deserts’, add a looming threat
- Two full hours of orchestral soundtrack
- Three DLCs that add even more depth to the game: origins for your company, new enemies, locations, cities, contracts…
ABOUT UKIYO PUBLISHING
UKIYO Publishing specializes in offering help to indie developers that would like to see their games reach their maximum potential. Based in London, UKIYO’s team has worked in the games industry for over a decade, and has a proven track record publishing games and helping developers with their project management and development requirements.
ABOUT OVERHYPE STUDIOS
Overhype Studios is an independent game development studio based in Hamburg, Germany. Battle Brothers, their first title, was released to great success back in 2015. Their games thrive to reflect the creativity, complexity, and originality from the old days when game developers were passionate gamers themselves, not corporate businesspeople.Sponsor this Article!