The default user for news generated by press releases or guest posted from other websites! But we can pretend that I'm really some hot journalist eating his morning cereal!
Studio Revolution Software, creators of the popular Broken Sword series, and French publisher Microids are delighted to announce that Beyond a Steel Sky is now available in Europe on PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One consoles, and Nintendo Switch.
From Charles Cecil, creator of the Broken Sword series, with art direction by Dave Gibbons, legendary comic book artist behind Watchmen, Beyond A Steel Sky is the spiritual successor to the classic Beneath a Steel Sky.
Discover the fascinating world of Union City with Beyond a Steel Sky’s brand new console launch trailer!
The console versions of the game feature new improvements, including 4K resolution on the PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X versions, and many gameplay enhancements such as controller vibration.
Beyond a Steel Sky stands as a thrilling story of loyalty and redemption set in an eerie and terrifying world of AI-driven social controls. Set a decade after the events of the first game, Beyond a Steel Sky immerses players once again in the captivating Union City – a dystopian cyberpunk city full of mysterious, sinister secrets.
With Dave Gibbons’s breathtaking comic book art style, the game is a hugely ambitious adventure that redefines the genre by allowing the player to subvert the world, populated by AI-driven characters, with interesting solutions to puzzles emerging from their actions.
“I am hugely excited that Beyond a Steel Sky has now released on consoles, courtesy of Microids. We have had the chance to substantially improve and enhance the game and I am thrilled with the result. After the critical acclaim on earlier formats, I can’t wait to hear the response from console gamers, whether they are new to the series or fans of the original.” says Charles Cecil, Founder, and CEO of Revolution Software.
- A fascinating sci-fi world – An adventure set within a dynamic world, populated by willful characters driven by motivations that the player can subvert. In combination with a unique hacking tool, multiple solutions to puzzles emerge from player choices.
- A thrilling story full of humor – Unravel dark conspiracies, defeat a terrifying antagonist in this dramatic, humorous, cyberpunk thriller, which explores contemporary themes: social control, AI, and total surveillance.
- A unique 3D comic book art style – A beautifully detailed, comic-book styled world, from the mind of legendary comic artist Dave Gibbons.
- Ingenious puzzles – Intelligent puzzles are interwoven with an intriguing dramatic narrative to deliver a compelling gameplay experience.
Check out the game’s Beyond a Steel Book and Utopia Editions, now available!
The Beyond a Steel Book Edition contains:
- An Exclusive Steelbook® featuring comic artwork from Dave Gibbons
- The game on PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One consoles or Nintendo Switch
- The game’s Original Soundtrack (digital format)
- A Sticker Sheet
The Utopia Edition includes, in addition to all items available in the Beyond a Steel Book Edition:
- A Unique Collector’s Box
- An Exclusive Hologram Lamp
- A 50-page Mini Artbook
- 5 Holo-ad Cards
- Exchangeable Dog Tags (keychain & necklace)
- An Enamel Pin
- 2 XXL Premium Stickers
As a reminder, due to worldwide logistical issues and constraints beyond our control, the game’s release date has been postponed on some platforms in certain territories:
- In the UK, the digital Switch version is now available, and the PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X | S and retail Nintendo Switch versions will launch on December 7.
- In North America, the digital Switch version is set to release on December 7, and on December 14 on all other platforms for both retail & digital versions.
- In Australia & New Zealand, all digital versions are now available, and retail versions will come out on December 17.
In Europe, the game is available starting today on all platforms (digital & retail).
We apologize for the inconvenience for players eager to get their hands on the game, and we thank you for your understanding.
Microids is a French video game publisher. Founded in 1985, Microids’ editorial strategy now focuses on 4 major areas: adventure games, racing games, retro gaming, and games inspired by iconic titles. By collaborating with renowned studios and authors (Pendulo Studios, Eden Studios, Benoît Sokal, Paul Cuisset, Philippe Dessoly, and Pierre Adane), Microids have become a major player in international video games. Taking inspiration from legendary titles, Microids reaches a wide audience and creates original adventures which give gamers the chance to play as some of their most beloved characters.
About Revolution Software
Founded in 1990, Revolution is a world-leading developer of narrative-driven adventure video games with titles such as The Broken Sword series, Beneath a Steel Sky, and numerous major licenses. Having achieved sales of over $100 million and been played by over 10 million players, Revolution’s Broken Sword series is one of the world’s best-loved adventure series.Sponsor this Article!