The default user for news generated by press releases or guest posted from other websites! But we can pretend that I'm really some hot journalist eating his morning cereal!
Survios and TAITO have teamed up to bring Puzzle Bobble back to console in stunning 3D, cementing the series’ reputation as one of gaming’s longest-standing and most beloved franchises, 35 years to the day since loveable protagonist Bub became a sensation in arcades across the globe. Bursting with the same vibrant design, adorable characters, and timeless bubble-busting gameplay as the original, Puzzle Bobble 3D: Vacation Odyssey is the next evolution of the classic action puzzle game franchise which many of today’s gamers grew up playing.
In addition, Puzzle Bobble 3D: Vacation Odyssey will be a cross-buy title, meaning every PS4 purchase will automatically come with the PS5 version of the game at no additional cost.
Adding further value, Puzzle Bobble 3D: Vacation Odyssey is Survios’ first true Cross-Reality title, allowing players to experience the game on PS4, PS5, or PS VR. The game can be fully experienced with or without a headset, and seamlessly swapped in-game for players who want to approach puzzles from a different perspective. Finally, the online 1v1 Duel Mode supports matches across the three different ways to play.
For the first time in Puzzle Bobble history, bubble puzzles take stunning three-dimensional forms to create brain-teasing challenges which will test the most die-hard veterans and newcomers to the franchise alike. Puzzles no longer lay on a flat plane, but take the form of three-dimensional clusters that spin and rotate with realistic physics when bubbles collide!
Additional features include:
- 100 New, 3D Puzzles: For the first time in Puzzle Bobble history, spin, color-match and solve 3D bubble configurations with added depth and physics.
- A Classic Remade for Cross-Reality Play: Fully playable on PS4, PS5 or in PS VR – swap seamlessly in and out of a headset on the PS4 version.
- Optional PS VR Support: Virtual reality transforms players into a bubble-popping dragon to tackle puzzles in a new first-person perspective, with physicalized interactions when paired with PlayStation Move controllers.
- 3 Distinct Puzzle Modes: Master 100 progressively difficult puzzles in Story Mode, kick back and pop endless puzzles in Infinite Mode, or hop into online 1v1 Duel Mode, which supports matches across PS5, PS4 and PS VR.
- Easy to Pick-Up-&-Play; Challenging to Master: Simple controls and intuitive game mechanics introduces puzzle popping in a fun, non-intimidating way.
- Color Blindness Accessibility Options: 3 distinct Color Blindness Accessibility options make it possible for players who have R/G, B/Y or UNI to play.
ABOUT PUZZLE BOBBLE
Puzzle Bobble (a.k.a. Bust-A-Move) is an action-puzzle game where the brother’s Bub and Bob, who have been transformed into bubble dragons by a wizard’s spell, search for a way to turn back into human form in a bubble-bursting adventure. The classic gameplay formula is simple but addictive: using various items and gimmicks, connect three or more bubbles of the same colour to remove them from the field and progress. A spin-off from the 1986 arcade hit Bubble Bobble, which celebrates its 35th anniversary this year, Bust-A-Move/Puzzle Bobble has seen over 20 series titles across countless platforms since its 1994 debut. As sole owners of Bubble Bobble and Puzzle Bobble’s worldwide IP and copyrights, Taito will continue to expand both properties going forward.
Survios is a leading game development studio creating extraordinary interactive experiences with an emphasis on the future of reality-based entertainment. Since 2013, the studio has produced and published premium virtual reality experiences across popular licensed worlds and within its own critically acclaimed original properties. With immersion embedded in its DNA, the company is positioning itself at the epoch of the next generation platform revolution to develop Cross Reality interactions as the gaming, social media, and entertainment industries fix their eyes on the evolution of the metaverse.
ABOUT TAITO CORPORATION
TAITO Corporation (TAITO) is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Square Enix Holdings Co., Ltd. With headquarters in Tokyo, Japan, TAITO operates core businesses such as game arcade operations, manufacturing coin-operated game machines, and mobile phone content services. A seminal part of gaming history, TAITO caused a worldwide sensation with its arcade legend, SPACE INVADERS, and developed such fan favorites as PUZZLE BOBBLE (BUST-A-MOVE) and ARKANOID. Today, TAITO continues to thrill game lovers of all generations by offering both classic and new family-oriented titles on the latest gaming platforms. TAITO delivers a wide range of entertainment experiences with the goal of providing consumers with fresh surprises and new discoveries.Sponsor this Article!