The default user for news generated by press releases or guest posted from other websites! But we can pretend that I'm really some hot journalist eating his morning cereal!
From Majic Jungle comes a city builder for the ages. Sapiens is an expansive building sim where players are the architects of a brand new prehistoric world. Beginning with a handful of tribe members, you’ll need to evolve your primitive hunters, grow their numbers, and lead them in creating a flourishing civilization that spans thousands of years. Set to make its debut during Steam’s Summer Next Fest, players will be able to carve out their new world from June 13th.
Accessible for those new to the genre but offering huge depth for veterans, Sapiens allows players to create a sprawling civilization from the ground up. Assign tribespeople jobs, determine their primary role and see them develop their new settlement as they plant crops, clear paths, gather materials, cook and build. Sapiens can also be assigned to investigation or diplomacy roles to help advance their society.
As the heart and soul of the game, your sapiens are key to expansion. Whether you send them to explore far-off lands to discover fresh resources or task them to build transportation networks, with the right management your tribe’s size and influence can rapidly expand. It will be down to you to manage their mood, build their shelters, keep them happy and preserve their resources. With every aspect of the game and its world interactable, right down to placing every wall, seat, or fireplace, you will need to determine how your settlement is built and maintained.
With a deep technology tree to unlock new abilities that allow sapiens to build tools and improve living conditions, players will also need to pay close attention to map regions. Some bring their own unique challenges, with weather effects and seasons playing a key part in maintaining your tribe, their settlement, and its likelihood of survival.
Set to add extensive mod support upon Early Access through Steam Workshop, Sapiens can be wishlisted now on Steam! Prospective sapiens can also check out the developer’s vlogs for more background on the game.
- Lead and foster a group of resourceful tribespeople as they navigate a primitive, sparsely populated land
- Find new resources and send sapiens to investigate, leading to new breakthroughs which unlock new items to build and craft
- Instruct individual sapiens to focus on specific tasks, and watch as they learn new skills, making them more valuable to the tribe
- Sapiens features gridless, completely free-form buildings. Every item, from rocks to branches and trees, can be removed or placed. Terrain can also be dug, mined, or filled for further customization
- Build shelters, both to keep sapiens happy, and to preserve food and resources. Every wall, roof, seat, or fireplace can be placed individually. Every tree, log, plank, or rock can be removed or placed, and the terrain can be dug, mined, or filled to shape the world to the player’s liking
- Send sapiens over long distances and establish camps to gather far away from resources or conduct hunting missions. Takedown a mammoth to feed and clothe the tribe for months, but know that some sapiens may be lost in the effort
About Majic Jungle:
Majic Jungle is the work of solo developer Dave Frampton. Dave has been making games for nearly 20 years, with the success of each major release funding the development of the next. The early days of the iOS App Store jump-started his indie game development career, with Chopper and Chopper 2 being huge hits. The Blockheads was another massive success, with over 20 million downloads. Dave has a passion for creating living, breathing worlds, with a focus on interactivity and creative play. He has combined this passion with many years of experience to create his debut PC title and culmination of his career – Sapiens. Dave is excited to lead Sapiens to its full potential, through early access and beyond.Sponsor this Article!