The default user for news generated by press releases or guest posted from other websites! But we can pretend that I'm really some hot journalist eating his morning cereal!
Developer 2Awesome Studio and publisher CRITICAL REFLEX have released the speedrunning platformer game Aeon Drive today on PC, PlayStation®5, Xbox Series X|S, PlayStation®4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch. Aeon Drive plunges players into the ultimate action-packed challenge designed around 30 seconds of speedrunning mania across 100 cyberpunk-themed levels!
Aeon Drive stars Jackelyne, a space ranger desperate to get home. Armed with a power sword and teleportation dagger, Jackelyne must dash through the neon-infused metropolis of Neo Barcelona, using time and space-bending abilities to find all the drive cores to fix her ship – and save the city from doom.
These powers will help you in two gameplay modes: story mode, for solo players or up to four players in co-op; and competitive PvP, which features up to four players head-to-head. Aeon Drive’s co-op and PvP modes support local multiplayer at launch, with online multiplayer coming in a free update later this year. The game’s Discord and Twitter integration and global leaderboards let players compete with friends and fellow speedsters from across the globe.
- Warp Through Danger: Teleport through lasers, spikes and saws, and dash in a flash to avoid death through 100 levels of cyberpunk Neo Barcelona.
- Run Through Time: Aeon Drive cuts down on repetition and keeps the challenge ahead of you fresh. Collect time-warping devices and use them strategically as needed.
- Challenging Level Design: Levels increase in difficulty and scale, putting you on constant alert. Each level has multiple routes to explore to find the fastest time possible.
- Retro Pixel Art: Colorful visuals combine modern and old-school styles.
- Advanced Scoring System: New runs are fun and challenging for long-term replayability.
Aeon Drive‘s protagonist is voiced by actress Kira Buckland, best known for her roles as 2B in Nier: Automata, Reimi Sugimoto in JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure: Diamond Is Unbreakable, Trucy Wright in the Ace Attorney series, and Hiyoko Saionji in the Danganronpa series.
Over the last few weeks, Aeon Drive has hosted an international tournament to find the fastest speedster of all time, featuring well-known speedrunners like Distortion2, SpikeVegeta, and Squillakilla.
About 2Awesome Studio
2Awesome Studio is an independent game development studio and indie publisher whose mission is to add awesomeness to reality by developing video games with new and addictive mechanics and finding games that are equally awesome to publish.
About CRITICAL REFLEX
CRITICAL REFLEX is an indie game publishing label on a mission: find kick-ass games, make sure these games are at their best upon release and put them in front of as many gaming fans as possible. Members of our team worked with a lot of successful indie projects, launched a dozen crowdfunded companies, and now we’ve come together to publish games that we love!Sponsor this Article!