The default user for news generated by press releases or guest posted from other websites! But we can pretend that I'm really some hot journalist eating his morning cereal!
Publisher Meridiem Games is thrilled to announce that the special boxed edition of Death’s Gambit: Afterlife for Nintendo Switch will release across European stores on 15 March 2022. Published by Serenity Forge and developed by White Rabbit, Death’s Gambit: Afterlife is a challenging 2D platformer with deep RPG elements which sees players take on the role of Sorun, Death’s right hand, challenging the undying guardians of the realm as they endure the eternal struggle to purge their souls.
Meridiem Games, in conjunction with Serenity Forge, will be responsible for the manufacture and European distribution of the special boxed edition of Death’s Gambit: Afterlife. The box itself will include a specially created box with artwork of Sorunon on the cover, a unique art book, and a double-sided poster.
Death’s Gambit: Afterlife is a new, expanded edition of the 2D action RPG platformer, offering players a wealth of new content to experience; including 20 challenging leves (double the original release) 3 new endings, a total of 32 new weapons (from the original 11) as well as 6 new bosses and an increase to over 100 talents.
New game modes such as ‘Insanity’, ‘Heroic’ and ‘New Game +’ are also added to further expand the gameplay experience and replayability.
Death’s Gambit: Afterlife is set in a mediaeval world shrouded in mystery, inhabited by immortal souls. Players will step into the role of the Sorun, a servant of Death, and must learn new skills and master an array of weapons as they seek to destroy the source of immortality.
Players will face terrifying enemies and battle against legendary bosses utilising an arsenal of weapons and powerful abilities in combat scenarios that demand not only skill but also strategy and creativity to prevail. Choosing from seven playable classes, players are able to customise their character with new equipment and talents, as well as choose their own playstyle as they prepare to die, a lot, in a brutal and unforgiving world.
Features of Death’s Gambit: Afterlife
- Expansive World – Travel across a massive world of over 20 beautifully rendered levels. Meet quirky characters from all walks of life and uncover their secrets.
- Metroidvania – Unlock unique movement and combat upgrades that open and expand the world.
- Character Classes – Choose from 7 playable classes, pick from over 100 talents in the skill tree, and multi-class to tailor the combat style to your preference.
- Incredible Bosses – Hunt 20 towering monsters and other creatures of legend. Each boss is a test of skill, requiring unique strategies to defeat.
- Heroic Mode – Defeated bosses experience a second wind in an exponentially harder heroic mode accessible immediately after defeating them. Give yourself an all new challenge and master their new abilities.
- Non-Linear Exploration – Explore levels and bosses in a non-linear order, discover side areas with more secrets to unravel and enemies to purge.
- Character Customization – Outfit your character with over 30 weapons including bows, scythes, longswords, halberds and more. Customize how you wield them with a plethora of abilities and upgrades.
- Alternate Endings – Determine Sorun’s fate as you progress through the story by achieving certain goals and making key decisions along the way.
- Crafting – Scavenge, hunt and dismantle items you find throughout the world to create new and useful equipment for your struggle through Siradon.
- Evocative Score – Experience an intricately crafted score that sets the tone for Death’s Gambit: Afterlife’s world with nearly 3 hours of evocative music composed by Kyle Hnedak.
- New Game Plus – Complete Afterlife to unlock New Game+ in brackets of three that allow you to set your own difficulty. Endure Sorun’s journey all over again with new enemy variants and modifiers unique to New Game+.
Death’s Gambit: Afterlife will be released as a special physical edition for Nintendo Switch on 15th March 2022.
About Meridiem Games
Meridiem Games is an independent publisher and distributor of video games for all platforms. The whole Meridiem Games team is focused on satisfying the demand of gamers who love physical editions, titles like Fahrenheit 15Th Anniversary PS4, KUNAI Day One Edition NSW, Daymare: 1998 Black Edition PS4, Pang Adventures Buster Edition PS4/NSW, etc… have been released in their physical edition thanks to Meridiem Games…
About Serenity Forge
Based in Boulder, Colorado, video game development and publishing studio Serenity Forge prides themselves on the care and dedication they put into their work, creating meaningful games that challenge the way you think. Firm believers in the artistic, cultural, and educational power of video games, Serenity Forge aims to craft unique interactive experiences to broaden players’ horizons and expand their perspectives.
About White Rabbit
White Rabbit is an indie game studio founded by Jean Canellas and Alex Kubodera in Los Angeles, California. With a passion for challenging games, White Rabbit created Death’s Gambit, a passion project of 7 years, and now one of the largest Metroidvania on the market.Sponsor this Article!