The default user for news generated by press releases or guest posted from other websites! But we can pretend that I'm really some hot journalist eating his morning cereal!
After nearly 10 years of development, Flying Squirrel Entertainment will deploy Battle Cry of Freedom down into the trenches of Steam on March 1st, 2022 for $19.99 (€19.99). Fight as either the Union or the Confederacy in this action-packed multiplayer title developed by the Mount & Blade: Warband – Napoleonic Wars developers. Cadets can experience the brutal real-time first and third-person combat firsthand with an exclusive demo during Steam NextFest on February 21st – 28th, 2022. This special sneak peek will also support up to 500 players per server for large-scale warfare.
Load the cannons, prepare to aim, aaannnddd fire! Choose your side and play across unique maps inspired by key battle locations across the American frontier. Customize your soldier’s uniform with historically accurate details, right down to the thread and button count. Become an Infantryman, Engineer, Artillerist, or even a Fiffer to turn the tide of battle in your favor!
Players will be able to create their own maps for reenactments or combat by using accessible modding tools with options to configure the time of day, weather effects, custom loadouts, and seasons! Also, a new mode called Commander Battles will allow soldiers to lead their own company of AI-controlled troops with unique commands. With up to 1000 bots supported in a match, be sure to prepare for many casualties! What kind of war stories will you make?
- Accurate mid-19th century weapons, uniforms, and environments.
- Massive multiplayer battles with up to 500 players simultaneously fighting each other on the same battlefield.
- A wide range of artillery pieces ranging from field cannons to mortars, capable of firing a variety of missiles such as canisters, explosive shells, case shots, solid shots, bolts, and more. – all fully controllable by players.
- Construct barricades, dig trenches, and rig explosives.
- Destructible environments; players can use a range of cannons, axes, and explosives to destroy various buildings, bridges, walls, trees, and other structures.
- Special musician units with drums, fifes, bugles, banjos, violins, or pianos able to play historically accurate tunes; all recorded and played by award-winning musicians.
- More than 50 classical and folk background music tracks.
- Wage war on more than 14 maps all across North America or play on a Randomly Generated map.
- Create your own maps with the included easy-to-learn but powerful Scene Editor.
- Participate in the community and enlist with a Regiment (Clan) to take part in massive, organized battles with players re-enacting historically accurate tactics of the Civil War Era.
- Over 120 server settings allow you to personalize every detail of the game.
Battle Cry of Freedom can be wishlisted now on Steam, and recruits can step onto the battlefield on March 1st, 2022 for $19.99 (€19.99). Be sure to check out the many development blogs on Steam, to learn more about its unique game modes and uniform customization!
About Flying Squirrel Entertainment –
Flying Squirrel Entertainment was originally formed from the team behind the “Mount & Musket” modification for Mount & Blade: Warband, to make the official expansion for the same game: “Napoleonic Wars”. Based in Europe, the team consists of four members. All of them are former game modders and formed Flying Squirrel Entertainment when they decided to start making their own games.
The team are also progressive/hardcore war re-enactors and take part in living-history events all across Europe. As they come from both a gaming and a living history background, they are naturally are very passionate about what they create!Sponsor this Article!