The default user for news generated by press releases or guest posted from other websites! But we can pretend that I'm really some hot journalist eating his morning cereal!
Expeditions: Rome will release in less than a week – time to show off the companions of your Legatus! During your adventures in Greece, Africa, Gaul, and Rome you will meet five different party members that you will be able to add to your band of heroes, called the “Speculatores”. There is the wise servant Syneros, who is a healer on the battlefield as well as the voice of reason in dialogues. Former Gladiator “Bestia” Tabat is a lightly armored, very agile, and ferocious melee fighter who uses two weapons to overcome his enemies. Julia Calida is the person to ask when it comes to stealth maneuvers or covert operations, while Centurio Caeso is the prototype of a heavy roman infantry soldier.
Each of the Speculatores will be introduced with a short trailer, and on top of that, we also have the Extension Trailer ready to be shown off. It presents the special Twitch-Extension made for Expeditions: Rome and how a gang of well-known content creators made use of it. When Expeditions: Rome launches on January 20th, the extension, as well as the Twitch-drop campaign, will be available again.
Want to try the game for yourself? Download the Expeditions: Rome demos now on Steam.
Expeditions: Rome will launch on January 20th, 2022 on PC at an SRP of $ 44.99 | € 44.99 | £ 36.99.
About Expeditions: Rome
The future of Rome is in your hands: what will your legacy be?
Take on the role of a young Legatus whose father was murdered by an unknown political opponent, forcing you to escape Rome and take refuge in the military campaign to subdue a Greek rebellion. Step by step, you increase your military prowess, strengthen yourself in the forge of combat, and become the Legatus everyone learns to both respects, and to fear.
In Expeditions: Rome, you exert the will of Rome through your actions across the world stage, from the bright blue coasts of Greece to the deep forests of Gaul. Decide how people will view you, and Rome. Will you strike with an iron fist, or speak with a silver tongue? Will you embrace the political heritage of the Republic, or carve your own path as you navigate the complex politics of the Roman Senate? Every choice matters as you decide the fate of your legion, your close companions, and of Rome itself.
- Create your own Roman Legatus! Customize your character’s look, gender, class, and skills to match your playstyle and role-playing fantasy
- Engage in tactical turn-based combat powered by an extensive skill-based action system where every weapon changes your potency on the battlefield
- Adventure with 5 unique companions discovering their extensive backstories and unique personalities
- Explore a beautifully realized, colorful world across many different environments, including North Africa, Greece, Gaul, and Rome herself
- Experience a historically inspired story of political intrigue and personal drama through a fully voiced narrative where choices matter and consequences are far-reaching
- Level up each character and select from a variety of skills and passive abilities to explore a wide range of tactical options
- Loot, Craft, and Equip a variety of weapons, armors, and tactical items to customize your game even further, providing a tremendous range of tactical options for each character
- Lead your legion on 3 extensive war campaigns across Greece, North Africa, and Gaul. Recruit legionaries, improve your warcamp, conquer regions, exploit resources, and defend your territories as you lead your legion to victory