The default user for news generated by press releases or guest posted from other websites! But we can pretend that I'm really some hot journalist eating his morning cereal!
Publisher Kalypso Media and in-house developer Realmforge Studios have today announced that pre-orders for Spacebase Startopia on Nintendo Switch™ are gone! Before the airlock opens on the 24th of September, players can secure their tickets for the lively space sim’s launch at a 10% discount via Nintendo eShop. A brand-new gameplay trailer gives Nintendo Switch™ players a glimpse of the celestial hustle and bustle they can look forward to when the game touches down later this month.
Spacebase Startopia for Nintendo Switch™ puts players in charge of three different decks aboard a doughnut-shaped space station that they will call home. Between alien caretaking, space whale therapy, and mysterious cat rumours, players will be assisted by the station’s onboard AI, VAL – an intelligence adept at managing space stations and poking fun at those managing space stations.
Alongside the 10% discount, those pre-ordering Spacebase Startopia for Nintendo Switch™ will receive 8 different in-game alien statues with various skins for the cute ‘Fuzzy’ droids and Recycler building at release.
Spacebase Startopia arrives on the 24th of September for Nintendo Switch™ and is available now for PC, Xbox One/Series X|S, PlayStation®4, and PlayStation®5.
Spacebase Startopia captivates with its original mixture of economic simulation and empire-building strategy paired with classic RTS skirmishes and a good dose of humour. And as if maintaining the three space station decks, entertaining the eight alien races, and defending against enemy invaders weren’t enough of a challenge, the dynamic narrator AI is not going to mince matters and commentates events in a friendly but sharp-tongued manner.
- The 10-mission, fully dubbed single-player campaign will require all your skills as Commander of the Spacebase Startopia as you strive to create one of the most attractive trade and tourism destinations in the known universe
- Each of the three decks will require your leadership skills — the Sub Deck containing all of the rooms vital to survival, while the Fun Deck focuses on your visitors, and the flora and fauna found on the Bio Deck provides sufficient resources for survival as well as a home for the graceful Dryads
- Prevail against AI competitors, for you are not alone on the station. Sabotage your opponents’ economy or attack them with your mech units, conduct trade and beware of space pirates eager to board
- The dynamic narrator AI ‘VAL’ reacts to your decisions and is always at your side in both word and deed – alongside offering the occasional extremely unqualified comment
- Hone your skills as the Commander of Spacebase Startopia in the many challenges of the single-player campaign or play your way in the customisable sandbox mode
About the Kalypso Media Group
Kalypso Media Group GmbH is a fully independent publisher, developer, and marketer of interactive entertainment software with 150 employees in 10 locations throughout Germany, England, France, Japan, and the United States, including Kasedo Games, Kalypso Media’s digital-first label, and three development studios – Realmforge Studios (Dungeons series), Gaming Minds Studios (Railway Empire, Port Royale) and Claymore Game Studios (upcoming Commandos game). Kasedo Games also now holds a majority stake in France-based developer Bulwark Studios, increasing the Kalypso Media Group’s total development studios to 4.
Specializing in developing strategy games for a global audience on all modern platforms, Kalypso Media’s IP portfolio includes the full rights to the Tropico series, Commandos, Port Royale, Dungeons, Sudden Strike, Railway Empire, and others. Kalypso Media’s recent releases are Commandos 2 – HD Remaster and Praetorians – HD Remaster, Railway Empire – Nintendo Switch™ Edition, Dungeons 3 – Complete Collection, Railway Empire – Complete Collection, Port Royale 4, Tropico 6 – Nintendo Switch™ Edition, Commandos 2 – HD Remaster for Nintendo Switch™ and Spacebase Startopia. Upcoming releases include Spacebase Startopia for Nintendo Switch™ (24/09/21) and Disciples: Liberation (21/10/21). Kasedo Games’ recent releases include Filament, console, and tablet versions of Warhammer 40,000: Mechanicus, Distant Kingdoms (available in Steam Early Access) as well as City of Gangsters.Sponsor this Article!