The default user for news generated by press releases or guest posted from other websites! But we can pretend that I'm really some hot journalist eating his morning cereal!
The bitter fighting of the Eastern Front is given new depth and variety in No Step Back, the upcoming expansion to Hearts of Iron IV. With new alternate history paths and game systems, this eagerly awaited add-on presents new challenges for fans of Paradox Interactive’s best-selling grand strategy wargame. No Step Back will be available on 23 November 2021 for the suggested retail price of $19.99/￡15.49 / € 19.99.
The centrepiece of No Step Back is a series of new National Focus Trees, giving players many new ways to imagine the course of World War II in Eastern Europe. Major nations have been entirely reworked to offer unique challenges and original histories.
The features for Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back include:
- New Soviet National Focuses: Communist Soviet rulers must also deal with a government system full of distrust and betrayal but players can lift up party opposition to the powerful leader, or even pursue a reactionary path of restored monarchy.
- New Polish National Focuses: Write a new history of Poland, with options to reform the government, entrench the military rulers, or support a popular pro-Soviet uprising.
- New Baltic National Focuses: Shared alternate history paths for Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania, as well as unique paths for each.
- Army Officer Corps: Build a general staff, drawing on the talents and expertise of available officers to take advantage of changes in technology and tactics.
- Army Spirits: Emphasize certain characteristics of your military arms, adding general bonuses to certain units types or even aiding division design.
- Supply System Updates: Scorched Earth tactics, floating harbors and special supply units added to the logistics system.
- Tank Designer: Design your own armored force using modules prioritizing speed, gun power, armor or even production cost.
- Railway Guns: Commission the grandest, most prestigious of artillery pieces, uniquely designed to deal with entrenched foes, and fortified positions.
As a special bonus, those who pre-order No Step Back will get a musical treat – a new arrangement of the Soviet wartime folk song Katyusha, originally composed before the war, and named for the celebrated Red Army rocket launchers. You can watch behind the scenes footage of the song’s recording here:
Behind the scenes of the “Katyusha” recording.
As usual, this expansion to Hearts of Iron IV will be accompanied by a major update free for all players, including new supply and logistics mechanics as well as many quality of life improvements
Paradox Interactive is a leading global publisher of strategy games for PC and console. The company has developed and published a world-renowned catalog stretching back to 1999, with players hailing from all around the world.
The publisher’s steadily-growing portfolio includes firmly established franchises such as the critically acclaimed Europa Universalis, Crusader Kings, Hearts of Iron, and Stellaris series created by Paradox Development Studio, the Age of Wonders series created by Triumph Studios, as well as award-winning titles such as Cities: Skylines, Pillars of Eternity, and more from a network of partner studios. A paradox is the owner of the World of Darkness IPs and is publishing Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2. Today, over four million people play a Paradox game each month, and the number of registered Paradox users is over twelve million.
Paradox’s head offices are located in Stockholm, Sweden. Our development studios are located in Stockholm, Malmö, and Umeå, Sweden, in Delft, The Netherlands, in Seattle, Washington, and in Berkeley, California. We share a passion for gaming and gamers, and our goal is to provide deep and challenging games with hours of gameplay and endless variety to our ever-growing community.Sponsor this Article!