The default user for news generated by press releases or guest posted from other websites! But we can pretend that I'm really some hot journalist eating his morning cereal!
Are you a curious explorer that longs for expeditions of the strange, peculiar and marvelous? Free League Publishing and Chris McDowall (Electric Bastionland) today announce a publishing partnership for the new edition of his acclaimed weird-fantasy tabletop roleplaying game INTO THE ODD.
INTO THE ODD RPG is written by Chris McDowall (Electric Bastionland) with art and graphic design by Johan Nohr (MÖRK BORG) and will be printed and distributed by Free League Publishing (Tales from the Loop, The One Ring, Forbidden Lands). A rules-light, flavour-heavy roleplaying game of industrial horror and cosmic strangeness awaits.
How does it Play?
The game is written to be simple, fast, and decisive. As explorers, you’ll rely on clever problem solving and creative teamwork rather than sacks of hit points. The Arcana that you find on your expeditions give you access to strange powers that work without complex rules. The real skill is in using them at the right time and in the right way, rather than simply rolling high. When it comes to obstacles, the answer usually isn’t on your character sheet.
- Fast Character Creation – Roll an explorer in minutes, grabbing a starter package of flavourful equipment and starting your expedition.
- Minimalist Rules – An ultralite system that keeps the game moving forward. Combat is fast and decisive, with every turn counting.
- Strange Things – Monsters are horrific hazards, not opponents to be fought for sport. Arcana are weird artifacts that each carry a unique ability, from firing portals to attracting bones like a magnet.
- Return to the Iron Coral – The strange expedition location from the original game has tripled in size, now sprawling over three levels. The surrounding Fallen Marsh now hides four mini-dungeons in its 24 hexes. In the North, the desperate port of Hopesend welcomes adventurous travellers looking to go further.
- The Expanded Oddpendium – 26 pages of modules and random tables to help you flesh out the world. Roll to create weird creatures, find the best shortcut across town, and find out what happens when you “eat the stuff”.
Doug chats with Chris about his Into the Odd Remastered Kickstarter and the announced collaboration with Free League! Find out more about the rules-light, flavor-heavy roleplaying game of industrial horror & cosmic strangeness.
About Free League Workshop
Free League Workshop is a sub-label for externally designed games that Free League helps print, publish and distribute. Into the Odd is the second game title on the label, the first externally created game was MÖRK BORG.
Free League Publishing is a Swedish game creator and publisher dedicated to speculative fiction. We have published a wide range of award-winning tabletop roleplaying games and acclaimed art books set in strange and wondrous worlds.
Our game portfolio includes the upcoming edition of The One Ring™ RPG, the official ALIEN RPG (Gold ENNIE for Best Game 2020), the Gothic horror game Vaesen (Best RPG – People´s Choice on UKGE 2021), the pitch-black fantasy RPG Mörk Borg (winner of four ENNIE Awards 2020), the alternate ’80s Tales from the Loop (winner of five ENNIE Awards 2017, including Best Game), the retro-fantasy Forbidden Lands (winner of four ENNIE Awards 2019), the post-apocalyptic Mutant: Year Zero (Silver ENNIE for Best Rules 2015), the science fiction game Coriolis – The Third Horizon (Judge’s Spotlight Award 2017) and the dark fantasy game Symbaroum.
We have also published the art books Tales from the Loop, Things from the Flood, The Electric State and The Labyrinth by internationally acclaimed visual artist Simon Stålenhag, as well as the illustrated edition of the Lovecraft classics At the Mountains of Madness – Volume 1 and The Call of Cthulhu by the praised artist François Baranger.Sponsor this Article!