The default user for news generated by press releases or guest posted from other websites! But we can pretend that I'm really some hot journalist eating his morning cereal!
Big news in the Indie gaming scene!
Developer Paul Schnepf aka Hyperparadise (best known as the co-founder of Grizzly Games, makers of Islanders and Superflight), has released the launch date trailer for his first solo project, The Ramp. The game, which Schnepf describes as a ‘digital skateboarding toy,’ will be out on Steam on August 3rd.
Chill out, do tricks, and look damn cool. In The Ramp, players must focus their energy and go with the flow, listening to a chilled-out soundtrack as they roam free across four wildly different levels – from a simple halfpipe to a multi-story jump ramp. With nothing to unlock, kill or collect, The Ramp aims to capture the delight of skateboarding in its purest form. So enjoy tons of flow and dive into satisfying, unique skateboarding gameplay that is easy to learn and hard to master.
‘I always wished a game like this existed,’ said The Ramp creator Paul Schenpf. ‘Then I realized I could just make it myself. Being a game developer kind of rules.’
Very well said! Islanders is a fantastic game, and we’re looking forward to seeing what they come up with for The Ramp. You can buy Islanders HERE:
- Born to ride – A stripped-back experience that captures the essence of real-life vert skateboarding.
- Board games – Fly, spin, and grind through a choice of four levels, including an empty pool, a half-pipe, and one humongous mega jump…
- All on the table – There are no points, levels, or unlockables. Any trick can be performed at any time… provided you’ve got the skills.
- Pocket pedigree – Created by Paul Schnepf, co-founder of the studio that made Islanders and Superflight.
Hyperparadise is the alias of Berlin-based developer Paul Schnepf. Before going solo with The Ramp, Paul was part of the Grizzly Games team, helping to make hit indie titles like Superflight and Islanders – the latter currently standing with over 12,000 reviews and an ‘Overwhelmingly Positive’ rating on Steam. His own love of skateboarding inspired him to make The Ramp, which arrives on Steam on August 3rd.
- Castle of Pixel Skulls releases on Consoles!
- Cleardot Games Launches RPG in Honor of Deceased German Shepherd.
- Indie Publisher Ravenage Announces New $20M Fund For Game Developers
- CreatorCrate Sci-Fi Action Platformer Launches On Steam August 11!
- New Puzzle-Adventure, Omno, is arriving on July 29th!