The default user for news generated by press releases or guest posted from other websites! But we can pretend that I'm really some hot journalist eating his morning cereal!
Green Man Gaming Publishing and solo developer, Erik Rempen are thrilled to announce that Kainga: Seeds of Civilization, the wonderful new roguelite village-builder, make its Steam Early Access debut.
Kainga: Seeds of Civilization takes players on a wonderful journey as they strive to create flourishing new cultures while adapting to the procedurally generated environment. Making the right choices could mean the difference between a happy and thriving village or the destruction of their new civilization.
The Early Access release launch of Kainga: Seeds of Civilization Early sees the addition of more exciting new content including:
- New playable region, the archipelagos known as “The Pebbles”
- 2 New leviathan class beasts, the Nautalisk, and the Icebreaker
- The addition of boats, aquatic combat and raids
- Another 35 new technologies to unlock, now over 140 in total
- New quest systems, linking multiple missions for a greater reward
- The removal of the technology tree and resource claiming from the UI and added them into the world for a more diegetic experience
Kainga: Seeds of Civilization will continue to evolve with new content updates being added throughout the Early Access launch phase. A road map highlighting some of these updates can be found on the Steam page.
About Kainga: Seeds of Civilization
Kainga: Seeds of Civilization is a roguelite village-builder set in a world full of mystery and surprise. Taking on the role of the Thinker, the leader of the village, you will need to adapt to the procedurally generated environment and surroundings and make the right choices to allow your people and village to flourish. The Thinker is responsible for passing the players’ decisions and commands on to the people. Although the citizens are somewhat expendable, if the Thinker falls, you lose. Much like the king in chess, they’re weak and vulnerable and must be protected at all costs.
Instead of following the long-winded city-builder formula, Kainga: Seeds of Civilization is focused on short, 30 minutes to 1-hour challenges. Each challenge is a fresh and diverse experience in a new location which still allows the player to make progression between runs.
Features of Kainga: Seeds of Civilization.
- Create A Unique Culture. Using the unique thinker skill tree, select research from a diverse branching technology tree inspired by civilizations around the world, make your mark on the world, with your choice of buildings, festivals, resource production and more!
- Train Units and Tame Beasts. Keep your village safe by researching technologies to equip your villagers with weapons to repeal attacks, or even use the beasts to your advantage by taming them and turning them on your rivals.
- Acquire New Knowledge for Future Runs. Every end carries the seed of a new beginning, unlock new technologies, biomes and challenges to add further complexity to each run. Earn Karma to purchase advanced structure types and rescue thinkers to play with their leadership style and unique quirks.
- Live Amongst or Upon Giant Beasts. The wildlife of these lands wander and interact with the environment, and often destroy those in their way. Can you learn to live with these animals? Or better yet, manage to tame them and build upon them.
- Build Legendary Structures. From towering stone menhirs, to great halls and more. Construct and protect massive buildings using materials sourced from around the map.
- Customize Your Playstyle. Choose a look and starting layout personalized to how you play best before diving into the procedurally generated world and putting your skills to the test.
Kainga: Seeds of Civilization available from, 11th November, via Steam Early Access for £14.99 / €16.99 / $19.99 with a limited time discount of 20%.
About Green Man Gaming Publishing
Green Man Gaming Publishing works with developers around the world to bring great indie games to market. Green Man Gaming Publishing is a division of Green Man Gaming, the multi-award-winning global video games retailer and technology business.Sponsor this Article!