The default user for news generated by press releases or guest posted from other websites! But we can pretend that I'm really some hot journalist eating his morning cereal!
The long-awaited Eastern Front expansion for Hearts of Iron IV is now available. Paradox Interactive’s best-selling grand strategy wargame revamps the deadly struggle for the lands between Berlin and Moscow with new alternate history paths for many nations, major changes to army management, and updates to supply and unit design. You can buy the No Step Back expansion at major online retailers and the Paradox Store for the suggested retail price of $19.99/￡15.49 / € 19.99.
The centrepiece of the expansion is the massive National Focus tree for the Soviet Union, offering a wide range of new options, from reinstalling the Romanovs to embracing a more open democratic regime, as well as the option to keep the strong hand of the Communist Party in control of a nation fighting for its life.
The features for Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back include:
- New Soviet National Focuses: Communist Soviet rulers must also deal with a government system full of distrust and betrayal but players can lift up party opposition to the powerful leader, or even pursue a reactionary path of restored monarchy.
- New Polish National Focuses: Write a new history of Poland, with options to reform the government, entrench the military rulers, or strike a deal with the devil, becoming subservient to a powerful neighbor – waiting for the right time to strike.
- New Baltic National Focuses: Shared alternate history paths for Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania, as well as unique paths for each.
- Army Officer Corps: Build a general staff, drawing on the talents and expertise of available officers to take advantage of changes in technology and tactics.
- Army Spirits: Emphasize certain characteristics of your military arms, adding general bonuses to certain units types or even aiding division design.
- Supply System Updates: Scorched Earth tactics, floating harbors and special supply units added to the logistics system.
- Tank Designer: Design your own armored force using modules prioritizing speed, gun power, armor or even production cost.
- Railway Guns: Commission the grandest, most prestigious of artillery pieces, uniquely designed to deal with entrenched foes, and fortified positions.
Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back is accompanied by a major free update for all Hearts of Iron IV players, including new supply and logistics systems as well as many quality of life changes.
Paradox Interactive is a leading global publisher of strategy games for PC and console. The company has developed and published a world-renowned catalog stretching back to 1999, with players hailing from all around the world.
The publisher’s steadily-growing portfolio includes firmly established franchises such as the critically acclaimed Europa Universalis, Crusader Kings, Hearts of Iron, and Stellaris series created by Paradox Development Studio, the Age of Wonders series created by Triumph Studios, as well as award-winning titles such as Cities: Skylines, Pillars of Eternity, and more from a network of partner studios. The paradox is the owner of the World of Darkness IPs and is publishing Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2. Today, over four million people play a Paradox game each month, and the number of registered Paradox users is over twelve million.
Paradox’s head offices are located in Stockholm, Sweden. Our development studios are located in Stockholm, Malmö, and Umeå, Sweden, in Delft, The Netherlands, in Seattle, Washington, and in Berkeley, California. We share a passion for gaming and gamers, and our goal is to provide deep and challenging games with hours of gameplay and endless variety to our ever-growing community.Sponsor this Article!