The default user for news generated by press releases or guest posted from other websites! But we can pretend that I'm really some hot journalist eating his morning cereal!
Experience the thrill of sailing no matter where you are when MarineVerse Cup releases on Meta Quest 2 on February 24th. Whether you are an advanced sailor or just curious to give sailing a try, MarineVerse Cup can help you learn the ropes, offer fun challenges, or just let you sail at a leisurely pace, surrounded by sea, sunshine, and the sound of the waves lapping the boat. This definitive VR sailing experience is available on the wishlist now and will be available for $19.99 / €19.99.
MarineVerse Cup features a host of different modes catering to all kinds of sailors and experiences. The game offers solo, co-op, or multiplayer sailing, including the option to compete against friends and other players. There are also leaderboards, mini-games, daily practice races, leagues, and seven spectacular locations from across the globe.
Created by a team of sailors and engineers, MarineVerse Cup is designed to bring the world of sailing to anyone who may not have the time, physical stamina, or access to a boat to enjoy the sport – or you can brush up on and practice your sailing skills in the middle of winter! With differing weather conditions to contend with, such as varying winds with gusts and lulls, the many courses available will challenge you differently each time for hours of replayability and a real test of your sailing prowess.
“We are really excited about sharing our passion for sailing with the world on Meta Quest 2 on February 24th,” said Greg Dziemidowicz, Lead Developer for MarineVerse. “Our original intention with MarineVerse Cup was to teach people how to sail, but we’ve also found that a lot of more advanced sailors love taking to the helm from the comfort of their own home. Whether you fall into the beginner or expert category, we hope you will wishlist the game now for Meta Quest 2 and we promise you an exhilarating experience!”
MarineVerse Cup has a whole host of content for newcomers, as well as sailing veterans, including:
- The basics of sailing: detailed tutorials will help you with learning how to sail on the Yacht and Dinghy
- Multiplayer, Pro racing and WASZP available with “Sailing Pass” membership
- Time trials and mini-games: compete with other players for highscores on leaderboards
- 7 unique locations: sail on the seas around Sydney, San Francisco, Seattle, New York, Rio de Janeiro, Enoshima, and Cape Town
- Daily practice races and leagues: navigate courses with varying wind conditions and race with sailors based on your skill level
- An active and thriving community: Players are encouraged to join the Discord server where they can discuss races, tactics, ask for tips, or just have fun chatting to other
The game is available on the wishlist now and will be available on February 24th for €19.99 / $19.99.
About the MarineVerse team
Started in Melbourne, Australia in January 2016 MarineVerse is an international team of creatives and advocates for sailing and emergent technology. With a mission to inspire, train and connect sailors around the world as well as share the unique feeling of sailing with a global audience, MarineVerse first launched VR Regatta in 2018 and started work on MarineVerse Cup in 2019 to bring virtual reality sailing to standalone headsets.Sponsor this Article!