The default user for news generated by press releases or guest posted from other websites! But we can pretend that I'm really some hot journalist eating his morning cereal!
Atypique Studio is proud to announce their competitive turn-based game Noara: The Conspiracy goes free-to-play today on Steam. To mark the occasion, the studio has released a new cinematic trailer, which can be seen here.
To compete in a very crowded strategy-game market, Atypique Studio wanted its game to meet players’ needs. “Many players told us they wanted to see the game become free-to-play, which merely reaffirmed our decision to take it in this direction,” said Jérémy Filali, the studio’s founder. The studio has also confirmed its desire to avoid any form of “pay-to-win”.
To coincide with the occasion, Noara: The Conspiracy is getting a new major update that improves the playing experience and makes the games more dynamic. It also introduces the in-game store, which offers cosmetic items to customize characters as well as ways to further explore the fantasy universe.
All players who have already purchased Noara: The Conspiracy before the transition to free-to-play will be given the following bonuses:
- An exclusive King Akuyandi skin
- An exclusive in-game portrait
- 3500 Sarme coins, the currency used in the in-game store
As well as moving to free-to-play, update 2.0 introduces a new gameplay mechanic called “boosters”. Players choose a new booster from a random selection for each game. The pacing of the game has been completely redesigned so that games now flow more easily.
Over the last few months, Noara: The Conspiracy has received several content updates, including custom games, a 1v1 mode, improved matchmaking, a new ranking system, and multilanguage support for English, Spanish, Portuguese, German and Russian.
Noara: The Conspiracy is a turn-based strategy game (or MOCA – Multiplayer Online Chess Arena) with a unique feature: during the defense turn, players can react in real-time to their opponent’s actions. The various improvements made since its early-access release have made the game even more competitive and appealing to a wide audience. There are now four game modes:
- 1v1 skirmish: Players battle each other in this quick mode to try and defeat the Kragh king first. This game mode will include five new characters from the Adalar clan.
- 2v2 with ranking: Players battle solo or co-op in this competitive mode. Six ranks are currently available in the ranking, from New Recruit to Warlord!
- Training and puzzles: In this mode, players must solve 15 puzzles to learn the main game mechanics, including basic character movements, skills, and how to use different items.
- Custom games: In this mode, four players can create their own game for training or organizing tournaments.
Atypique Studio has big ambitions for the future of Noara: The Conspiracy. The game recently entered its early-access phase, allowing the studio to continue development while staying closely connected to its passionate fan community.
About Atypique Studio:
Founded by Jérémy Filali in June 2017, Atypique Studio is an independent studio based in La Ciotat, France that values work, passion, respect, and diversity.Sponsor this Article!