The default user for news generated by press releases or guest posted from other websites! But we can pretend that I'm really some hot journalist eating his morning cereal!
Now available on Oculus Rift, Blair Witch: Oculus Rift Edition offers an upgraded VR horror experience with improved features
Kraków, Poland – July 6th, 2021 – Bloober Team and global content leader Lionsgate’s (NYSE: LGF.A, LGF.B) thrilling horror experience, Blair Witch: Oculus Rift Edition, is available today on Oculus Rift with upgrades to the redesigned VR experience that launched on Oculus Quest last year. The title is available as of 10am PT / 1pm ET / 7pm CEST on the Oculus Store for $29.99.
Blair Witch: Oculus Rift Edition, based on Lionsgate’s film The Blair Witch, offers enhancements to the Blair Witch story that has been redesigned specifically for the VR experience, including better models, improved lighting, further draw distance, a backpack, and improved AI for the trusty dog companion, Bullet.
The VR version of Blair Witch boasts environments that have been redesigned for more interactivity and accommodate new creature encounters, a new control system, and mechanics for your companion dog, such as petting and fetching gestures to help immerse players in the story.
Improved Dog commands for Bullet:
- Pet Bullet to make sure he knows he’s a good boy
- Change up his look with a variety of new collars
- Give Bullet treats. In the VR edition, he’ll take them right from your hand
- Bullet can help you track scents through the forest, just give him an object to sniff
- Enjoy the company of your best buddy and shake his paw any time
- Environments have been redesigned for more interactivity
- Objects to catch, throw, or stack on top of each other
- A marker to draw on paper and other objects
- Drawers, doors, gates, and car trunk open at a touch
- Breaking branches
- Operation of mechanical elements: handles, buttons, opening locks with a key, padlock codes, etc…
- New control system
- New sounds and in-game events to surprise and scare the player.
- Additional creature encounters
Blair Witch is launching for PSVR later this Summer.
Blair Witch: Oculus Rift Edition is a story-driven psychological horror game from the creative minds behind the critically acclaimed Layers of Fear. Experience first-hand the toll that fear can take on the mind in an original story inspired by the cinematic lore of Blair Witch, designed for virtual reality.
The Blair Witch story has been rebuilt for VR to offer a uniquely immersive and horrifying experience. With environments redesigned for more interactivity, new mechanics for your companion dog such as petting and fetching gestures, and additional creature encounters, you will experience the eerie atmosphere of the Black Hills Forest like never before. These cursed woods will awaken your darkest fears.
Find more about Blair Witch: Oculus Rift Edition at:
About Bloober Team
Based in Krakow, Poland, and established in 2008, Bloober Team is an independent game development studio of over 100 people. The company focuses on creating mature horror games with a deep story and an eerie atmosphere, key ingredients of a chilling and memorable experience. Bloober Team has extensive experience and passion working on acclaimed horror games, including Blair Witch, Layers of Fear, Observer: System Redux, and the recently released The Medium. https://www.blooberteam.com.
Combining the STARZ premium global subscription platform with world-class motion picture and television studio operations, Lionsgate (NYSE: LGF.A, LGF.B) brings a unique and varied portfolio of entertainment to consumers worldwide. Its film, television, subscription, and location-based entertainment businesses are backed by a 17,000-title library and the largest collection of film and television franchises in the independent media space. Its entrepreneurial culture and commitment drive a digital age company to innovation. The Lionsgate brand is synonymous with bold, original, relatable entertainment for the audiences it serves worldwide.
- Announcing: Werewolves Within the Movie coming July 19th
- The Lightbringer: Demo and New Trailer Now Available!
- Sunless Sea Inspired ‘Vagrus’ Leads The Charge With A Major Combat Update
- RPG ADVENTURE, TAILS OF IRON , REVEALS RELEASE DATE & EPIC GAMEPLAY IN NEW TRAILER VOICED BY THE LEGENDARY DOUG COCKLE
- New RPG: Eden Falling has Closed Alpha Steam Key Giveaways