The default user for news generated by press releases or guest posted from other websites! But we can pretend that I'm really some hot journalist eating his morning cereal!
The turn-based tactics game from the creator of X-COM debuts on consoles with four DLC expansions, including the new DLC 4: “Corrupted Horizons,” out now on consoles and PC
Snapshot Games, in partnership with Saber Minsk and Prime Matter, has released Phoenix Point: Behemoth Edition, the highly anticipated console debut of the renowned strategy game from X-COM series creator Julian Gollop. Phoenix Point: Behemoth Edition is available today on PlayStation®4 and Xbox One for $39.99 and features the full game plus four major DLC expansions, including the new “DLC 4: Corrupted Horizons,” launching today on both consoles and PC.
Phoenix Point delivers a new breed of turn-based strategy and action. Earth has been overrun. A mutating alien menace threatens the last remnants of mankind. It’s up to you to lead Earth’s resistance: explore a ravaged planet, build your bases, research new technologies, manage resources on a global scale, and fight in full-scale, turn-based tactical battles to survive. Work together with different factions to unite mankind and take back the planet via Phoenix Point‘s diplomacy system, or crush all your rivals with military might.
Phoenix Point: Behemoth Edition has been designed to feel at home on consoles, with a revamped interface and control scheme to ensure every action lands intuitively on controllers. The game runs at 1080|30 FPS on PlayStation®4 and Xbox One, but PlayStation®5 and Xbox Series X players can experience it at 4K|60 FPS, with a free upgrade to the next-generation version of the game coming after launch.
Phoenix Point: Behemoth Edition Features:
- The Complete Phoenix Point Experience to Date: Includes the full game plus four major DLC expansions (“Blood and Titanium,” “Legacy of the Ancients,” “Festering Skies,” and “Corrupted Horizons”), as well as a bonus weapons pack, console-exclusive skins, and a ton of community-driven updates and upgrades.
- Intense Turn-based Battles: Deploy your squad of four or more soldiers and drones in tactical, turn-based battles. Take direct control of your soldiers’ shots in combat with a unique free-aiming system — target enemy weak spots, weapons, and more for mass impact.
- Defend Earth from a Mutating Alien Menace: Face down an alien threat that adapts to your tactics to constantly challenge you. Take on intense boss fights against huge monsters with unique abilities that require precise planning and execution.
- The Geoscape Reborn: Take command of a strategic view of world situations and conflicts to plan operations and manage resources on a global scale.
- Deep Unit Development: Customize your soldiers with unique skills and a vast array of weapons and equipment.
- Uncover the Threat: Experience a complex narrative with multiple possible endings, and learn about the origins of the crisis through exploration, diplomacy, and research.
- Manage Diplomatic Relations: Decide how to deal with different factions trying to reclaim Earth. Earn unique rewards for cooperation (and face the consequences for opposition).
- Optimized for Consoles: Revamped UI and gamepad controls designed specifically for consoles.
- Free Next-Generation Upgrade: Experience the game at 4K|60 FPS on PlayStation®5 and Xbox Series X, with a free upgrade for PlayStation®4 and Xbox One owners after launch.
DLC 4: “Corrupted Horizons”
DLC 4, out now, introduces the deadly new Acheron enemy and the Corruption effect, which lowers your soldiers’ will to fight. But a new allied unit can help counter this threat: the Mutoid, a human-Pandoran hybrid immune to Corruption. Mutoids’ abilities can be acquired from any class known to the player, letting them combine powers in new and exciting ways. But Mutoids cost Mutagens to produce, evolve with new abilities, and heal when wounded, adding an element of risk to their tactical advantages.
Phoenix Point: Year One Edition is available on PC via Steam, the Epic Games Store, the Microsoft Store, GOG.com, and Google Stadia. PC players can grab DLC 4: “Corrupted Horizons” today for $4.99 (DLC 4 will arrive on GOG.com in the near future).
About Snapshot Games
Snapshot Games is a video game development studio founded in 2013 by Julian Gollop and David Kaye and headquartered in Sofia, Bulgaria. Gollop is recognized for creating the X-COM video game franchise in the 1990s with UFO: Enemy Unknown and X-COM: Apocalypse. Gollop is also the CEO of Snapshot Games. The company’s developers include industry veterans with years of prior experience working for studios like Ubisoft Sofia, Crytek Black Sea, and more.
About Saber Minsk
Founded with the acquisition of the Steel Monkeys team in 2018, Saber Minsk is a video game developer based in Minsk, Belarus. Among its projects, Saber Minsk has worked on the console version of Snapshot Games’ acclaimed sci-fi strategy and tactical combat game Phoenix Point, which puts players in control of humanity’s last remnants against an apocalyptic alien threat.
Saber Minsk is owned by Saber Interactive Inc., one of the eight operative units of Embracer Group.
About Prime Matter
Headquartered in Munich, Germany, Prime Matter is a premium gaming label dedicated to delivering a range of diverse and immersive games from amazing gaming development talent all around the globe. The company covers projects of all styles, scopes, and sizes, from producing to publishing, perfect for ambitious teams taking their first steps that need full support without compromising their dreams, as well as more established studios looking to build their brand further in the global market.
Prime Matter looks to lead through creativity, expression, and passion with games that will grip and enchant with enthralling storytelling, winning audiences with incredible moments and larger-than-life experiences. Prime Matter is a proud member of the Koch Media Group.Sponsor this Article!