The default user for news generated by press releases or guest posted from other websites! But we can pretend that I'm really some hot journalist eating his morning cereal!
Project Haven developer Code Three Fifty One has released ten minutes of narrated, fresh gameplay of its tactical turn-based title. The fan favourite winner and NGDC grand-finalist have showcased fresh footage ahead of its major update in February, that’s set to bring significant improvements to the user interface, in-game mechanics, new playable characters, and skills.
Inspired by Jagged Alliance and developed by a team of two, the Epic Grant recipient’s latest video sees the Steel Dragons reach a key subway station, only to find they’ve been ambushed by several Brotherhood goons. Shot to highlight the game’s tactical depth, players also get to see the process behind its deep combat and the depth of options available in how to approach each encounter.
Set in a grid-free urban battlefield using an action point-based movement system, Project Haven sees players needing to take cover using flexible stances, and aim every shot precisely using over-the-shoulder manual targeting. Each and every bullet is ballistically modeled and capable of punching a hole clean through a body.
Combat in Project Haven isn’t always about overwhelming force. Disarm your enemies by shooting the gun from their hands, then close the distance for a melee attack. Use an advanced stealth system to avoid enemy lines of sight and deliver a silent takedown from the rear, or use armor-piercing rounds to punch through solid walls for the ultimate in surprise attacks. Develop your tactics, upgrade your squad and customize your arsenal to become the city’s deadliest, most efficient merc crew for hire.
Launching this year, Project Haven will deliver a massive 45+ mission campaign, a gritty sci-fi story to unravel and a cast of mismatched mercenary personalities to fill out your roster. Every mission is hand-crafted, with narrative design by Edwin McRae, a contributor to the likes of Lost Ember and Path Of Exile.
The new Project Haven demo will be available in February. The full game launches in 2022, and players can keep up with development on the game’s official Discord channel, or via Code Three Fifty One’s development blog on Steam.
- Modern aesthetics married to classic squad tactics gameplay featuring action point-based movement and deep ballistic simulation
- A free-aiming system that allows you to take control of your mercs directly and manually shoot from an over-the-shoulder perspective, then pop behind cover to protect yourself from counterattacks.
- Locational damage, letting you wing your enemies with a shot to the arm to reduce accuracy, slow their movement with a hit to the legs, or boost damage with a precise headshot.
- An advanced cover system lets you adjust the stance of each merc with just two clicks. Peeking over cover or leaning round a wall exposes yourself, but provides vital lines of sight.
- Mature storytelling. Learn the harsh realities of a seething megacity full of desperation and dark secrets. Witness the gritty lives of mercs and NPCs, and experience a story-driven campaign with fully voiced and motion-captured characters and cinematics.
- RPG character progression Command a group of mercenaries, each with their own unique personality and attitude towards other characters. Improve their attributes and unlock new skills as they gain experience and level up.
- Advanced weapon mechanics. Magazine management, chambered bullets, and different types of ammo for different situations. Calibers and ammunition types affect how far and how well projectiles penetrate and damage their target.
- Skirmish, co-op & PvP. Play through the campaign mode with 1-4 players, or skirmish in randomly generated maps, fighting against friends or AI, alone or in co-op.
About Code Three Fifty One
Code Three Fifty One is a small independent Portuguese video-game development company created by Joana Dimas and Sérgio Gil.
Ever since a young age Joana was interested in human behaviour and video games. After finishing her degree in Psychology she enrolled for a Ph.D. in Computer Science, in the hopes of merging these two areas. Code Three Fifty One is the realization of that goal. She joined forces with her partner Sérgio, an experienced developer, with the intent of creating games with strong characters and enhanced player experiences. Project Haven is the first of these games.Sponsor this Article!