The default user for news generated by press releases or guest posted from other websites! But we can pretend that I'm really some hot journalist eating his morning cereal!
Skybound Games and Manavoid Entertainment have announced that Rainbow Billy: The Curse of the Leviathan will launch on PlayStation®4, Xbox One, and Steam for PC on Oct. 5, 2021, with Nintendo Switch coming soon! This wholesome, family-friendly, and accessible 2.5D adventure platformer featuring RPG, creature-collecting, and puzzle elements follows Billy through the World of Imagination as they use the power of empathy and acceptance to make friends and help bring color back to the world.
Rainbow Billy: The Curse of the Leviathan will cost $29.99 and is available to pre-order today on Xbox One as well as to wishlist on Steam.
The World of Imagination is a wonderfully colorful place made up of several different islands! The Prehistoric peninsula Dinoland, the icy peaks of Frightfrost Mountain, the haunted depths of Sunken Harbor, and the mysterious golden temple of the Sanctum of Self. You can learn more about the exotic locales of the World of Imagination in the game’s newest trailer.
Rainbow Billy is a universal coming-of-age story about dealing with change in the world and accepting ourselves and others around us. After the evil Leviathan banishes color and joy from the World of Imagination, leaving its inhabitant’s anxiety-ridden husks, it’s up to Billy to make things right. Armed with empathy, a talking fishing rod named Rodrigo, and their trusty boat Friend-Ship, Billy must restore the World of Imagination and free its good-hearted creatures.
Encounters in Rainbow Billy are completely non-violent. Instead of fighting, Billy and their companions must build trust to successfully resolve the engagement! Many creatures have tricks to slow you down, but sometimes it only takes a little empathy and a new point of view to reach an understanding. You can learn more about how these encounters play out in the game’s Confrontations Trailer.
- Explore a World of Imagination: From dark caverns to remote islands on the stormy seas, discover a rich, wholesome world filled with treasure, friendship… and danger!
- Fantastic Adventure with Relatable Themes: Restore color to a monochrome world and help your friends be their true selves in a story about empathy, courage and friendship.
- Befriend & Collect Cute Creatures: Meet over 60 strange, lovable creatures and help them in non-violent encounters! Create your own unique team to save the day!
- Solve Intricate Color Puzzles: Each world is filled with clever challenges and secrets that unlock new areas to explore!
- Vibrant 2.5D Visual Style: Rainbow Billy’s art style blends the personality of modern 2D cartoon characters into an imaginative 3D world with an energetic soundtrack to match!
- Open Accessibility: We want Rainbow Billy to be playable by everyone so we’ve included many different accessibility features like color blindness support, a Dyslexia friendly font, Single Joystick controls and more!
- Fish for Resources: Because who doesn’t love a fishing mini-game?!
About ManaVoid Entertainment
Founded in 2014, ManaVoid Entertainment prides itself on producing video games that mix and match known genres, themes, and mechanics to create new and innovative experiences with a twinge of nostalgia. Our latest game, Rainbow Billy: The Curse of the Leviathan, was funded on Kickstarter early in development. Since then, we’ve won the Ubisoft Indie Series Grand Prize in 2019, received additional funding from the Canada Media Fund, and were selected in the Indie MegaBooth and nominated for Best of PAX East in 2020.
With over 20 people on the team, ManaVoid is composed of AAA veterans with experience at Ubisoft, WB Games, Eidos-Square Enix, and more, as well as talented developers hired straight out of Quebec’s many game development universities. We’re an equal opportunity employer and happy to have a diverse team working on a project driven by themes of inclusion!
About Skybound Games
Skybound Games is a division of Skybound Entertainment with the capabilities to produce, develop, and license video games. The team works closely with creators to expand their unique IP to new platforms. The Skybound Games slate houses everything from indie projects to high-budget franchise titles, with recent games including Telltale’s The Walking Dead, Ori and the Will of the Wisps, Before Your Eyes, and The Big Con.Sponsor this Article!