The default user for news generated by press releases or guest posted from other websites! But we can pretend that I'm really some hot journalist eating his morning cereal!
The Rhesus & Memnon Faction pack unleashes two of the most renowned heroes from the Iliad onto the blood-soaked battlegrounds of A Total War Saga: TROY: Rhesus, The Thracian King, and Memnon, King of Aethiopia. These formidable characters welcome unique campaign mechanics, devastating hero, and unit abilities, as well as two brand-new army rosters consisting of 49 diverse troop choices.
Mighty Rhesus is a driven and relentless commander who hails from the deep-forested valleys of Thrace, home to countless warrior tribes and fearsome primordial gods. His armies rely on strong early engagements, decisive charges, and his units fight predominantly without shields; however, they have good chargers, good armor piercing, and excellent morale.
- Countless Host: Rhesus must seek out and unite the various inter-warring Thracian tribes and unite them under one banner. Doing so unlocks the summoning of powerful host armies to ravage the land of eternal enemies.
- Thracian Rituals: Blessed with immense religious powers, Rhesus enacts to please the old cults of Thrace. These grant a variety of bonuses, including access to elite units, settlement bonuses, and army buffs.
Warrior-king, Memnon, is a distant cousin of princes Paris & Hector and leads the mighty multicultural armies of Aethiopia, a vassal state of Pharaonic Egypt. He is known for a battle prowess akin to that of courageous Achilles, and his roster consists of quick, lightly armored warriors that have the tools to stay engaged in battle, while each culture within his roster provides powerful strategic advantages.
- Horde: Memnon seeks but one thing – to raze every inch of Achaea. Therefore, his military expedition cannot inhabit settlements but can take advantage of War Spoils to further power his war efforts in defense of Troy.
- Pharoah’s Servant: Memnon relies on the influence and wealth of his Pharoah to reinforce his ranks with soldiers from far-off lands. He must enact Royal Decrees to unlock units from each of the four regions: Aethiopia, Egypt, Canaan, Susa.
- Resourceful Strategist: Memnon does not have access to Spy, Envoy or Priestess Agents to aid his war efforts. Instead, his prestige attracts camp followers to bolster his armies or grant him special actions before battle.
Rhesus & Memnon is available on the Total War store from Tuesday, December 14, and will cost £7.99. More information about the Rhesus & Memnon faction pack can be found on the Total War Blog.
About Total War™:
With more than 37.8 million copies sold, Total Waris one of the most established and critically acclaimed series in gaming. A drive for historical authenticity and superb gaming quality has helped establish the franchise as one of the most successful PC games of all time. Alongside the core historical-based games, the Total War series has expanded to include free-to-play mobile (Total War Battles™: KINGDOM), fantasy epics (Total War™: WARHAMMER®), and historical snapshots (Total War Saga™: THRONES OF BRITANNIA).
About Creative Assembly™:
The Creative Assembly Ltd. is one of Europe’s leading games development studios, founded in 1987 and located in West Sussex, UK, and in Sofia, Bulgaria. With a heritage of award-winning AAA titles, including the multi-million selling Total War™ series, Creative Assembly continues to build an impressive portfolio of games and world-renowned partnerships; working with Games Workshop on Total War™: WARHAMMER®, Twentieth Century Fox on Alien: Isolation, plus 343 Industries and Microsoft on Halo Wars 2. Creative Assembly has, with its exceptionally talented team of over 700, amassed a wealth of awards, including multiple Best Place to Work Awards and recent accolades from BAFTA, Music+Sound, and Develop’s Industry Excellence awards.
About Sega Europe Ltd.:
Sega Europe Ltd. is the European Distribution arm of Tokyo, Japan-based SEGA CORPORATION, and a worldwide leader in interactive entertainment both inside and outside the home. The company develops and distributes interactive entertainment software products for a variety of hardware platforms including PC, wireless devices, and those manufactured by Nintendo, Microsoft, and Sony Interactive Entertainment Europe. SEGA wholly owns the video game development studios Two Point Studios, Creative Assembly, Relic Entertainment, Amplitude Studios, Sports Interactive, and Hardlight.Sponsor this Article!