The default user for news generated by press releases or guest posted from other websites! But we can pretend that I'm really some hot journalist eating his morning cereal!
Developer MPS Labs and publisher Interplay Entertainment Corp. have just released tank warfare simulator M1 Tank Platoon onto the Epic Game Store for the first time with its sequel of the same name on the way soon. A blast from the past, M1 Tank Platoon was originally released in 1989 for MS-DOS, the Commodore Amiga, and Atari ST. In the game, players control and command a platoon of tanks across thousands of different battlefields.
There’s more than meets the eye in M1 Tank Platoon. Players are tasked with controlling their four-tank platoon by giving orders in order to stay on top of the battlefield. Not only that, but players can take the helm and step into the shoes of a commander, gunner, or tank driver for every tank. Each tank holds sixteen men that have their own personalities and skills. Bond with the team, learn their strengths and weaknesses, and show no mercy!
M1 Tank Platoon II, originally released in 1998, has players diving back into the fray with four M1A2 Abrams tanks. Players can switch between the tank’s cockpits or watch from the outside with the external 3D view. Fire each tank’s vast arsenal, utilize the state-of-the-art thermal view and make important decisions for the crew. Players looking to refine their skills can jump into training at ‘actual’ U.S. Army facilities at the Armor School, Fort Knox, and the Nation Training Center at Fort Irwin.
These classic titles are all about variety. Battle during the day or night, in rain or snow, use laser rangefinders, wire-guided missiles, call in air support, and more. Train, strategize and learn the importance of each role as you prepare for one of the millions of different scenarios. Each team of soldiers will be relying on players to make decisions at just the right time in order to get everyone home safely.
Players can pick up M1 Tank Platoon I & II on Steam and the Epic store. Both games are available for $9.99 each or for 25% off right now as a bundle. That’s double the tanks, double the pixels, and double the warfare! Players on the Epic Game Store can now pick up both titles.
M1 Tank Platoon Features:
- Realistic Rolling Terrain: Drive tanks through different terrains, strategically hiding them behind hills and ridges.
- Flexible Command: Give orders to the entire platoon or jump into the cockpit as a commander, gunner, or driver.
- Leadership: Watch over each tank’s team of 16 soldiers all with their own unique personalities and abilities. Promote them or decorate them as you see fit.
- Infinite Variety: Play on thousands of different battlefields, in millions of situations during the day, night, snow, rain, and more.
M1 Tank Platoon II Features:
- Instant Action: Single battle scenarios pit players against front-line Russian troops and equipment.
- Train your crew: Players can take part in training at real U.S. Army locations: the Armor School, Fort Knox, and the Nation Training Center.
- Historical Conflicts: Play through hypothetical historical conflicts with your crew including both the Gulf War and Cold War scenarios.
- Dynamic Reality: Expect the unexpected. Some targets will be rebuilt as the game evolves, while others may be destroyed by friendly units.