The default user for news generated by press releases or guest posted from other websites! But we can pretend that I'm really some hot journalist eating his morning cereal!
Solo developer Jason Godbey (Godbey Games) announces the sequel to the surreal first-person puzzle-adventure Discolored. The first episode of Discolored was released on Apple Arcade, Steam, Switch, and Xbox consoles.
In the world of Discolored, all the colors have gone missing and it is your mission to bring them back. Set after the events of the first game, this sequel places the stakes higher and makes the dangers even greater. As you attempt to restore color to the rest of the world that’s been thrust into darkness, you’ll need to evade the clutches of a shadowy organization. These mysterious figures who use the power of color for their own demented purposes will do anything to stop you from achieving your aim.
Use simple controls to explore and uncover the mysteries of the world. Employ logic and observation to solve mind-bending puzzles. Take in visuals with a simple yet striking aesthetic through a first-person lens. Immerse yourself in an atmospherically surreal audio and visual experience. Unravel an engrossing narrative by exploring every nook and cranny of your surroundings.
Only you can overcome the forces that threaten the balance and have the world once again be restored to its full spectrum of color.
- First-person exploration – Explore a surreal world where color is everything and discover its hidden secrets.
- Unravel the mystery – Piece together a dark and uncanny narrative to uncover the secrets of the colors and their meaning.
- Inventive, mind-bending puzzles – Use your keen observation and logical thinking to overcome challenging puzzles and restore color to the world.
- Surreal and otherworldly atmosphere – Experience an unreal and bizarre world ambiance that seamlessly melds surprise with eeriness.
- Haunting soundtrack – Engross yourself in the experience with tracks that deliver unearthly undertones.
“After the first episode of Discolored was released people kept asking if there would be a sequel. I still had a lot of ideas of what else I could do with the color game mechanics so it just felt natural to build on it and make a sequel. Discolored 2 will still have surreal and mind-bending puzzles like in the first installment, but it will also cover new territory with intense gameplay moments and the introduction of a couple of characters that help expand upon the story. The full game probably won’t be released until 2023, but until then I’m really excited to be showing off what to expect in the new game.”
About Jason Godbey (Godbey Games)
Jason Godbey is based in San Diego, CA, USA, and is the sole developer of the games Discolored and The Search. He is a self-taught artist and has worked in the games industry for over 10 years as a 3D artist. Jason loves creating immersive worlds where moments of wonder, mystery, and the unexpected are around every corner.Sponsor this Article!