The default user for news generated by press releases or guest posted from other websites! But we can pretend that I'm really some hot journalist eating his morning cereal!
Hyperkinetic FPS Severed Steel will be launching on consoles in July, indie publisher Digerati is delighted to confirm. The stylish single-player shooter will arrive on 20 July on PS4 and PS5, 21 July for Nintendo Switch, and 22 July on Xbox One and Series X|S. It will be priced at $24.99 and be available with a 10% launch discount for a limited time. Developed by Greylock Studio, Severed Steel launched last year on PC and has a 93% positive rating on Steam from over a thousand user reviews.
The console versions will include all core game content currently featured in the PC version: Campaign, Firefight, and New Game + modes, 42 levels, 27 weapons, 5 arm cannons, and 22 game modifying mutators. The game’s extensive level editor, which is a feature of the PC version, won’t be included with the console editions, although a selection of user-created levels will be added as bonus levels to the PS5 and Xbox Series versions.
In addition to confirming the console release dates for the digital version, Digerati can also announce it has teamed up with Merge Games to launch Severed Steel as a physical edition. Available this summer, the game will be available in a box on Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, and Series X|S priced at $34.99 / €34.99 / £29.99.
About the game
Severed Steel is a single-player FPS featuring a fluid stunt system, destructible voxel environments, loads of bullet time, and a unique one-armed protagonist. It’s you, your trigger finger, and a steel-toed boot against a superstructure full of bad guys. Chain together wall runs, dives flips and slides to take every last enemy down.
- A unique fighter: Play as Steel, a nimble, one-armed sharpshooter on a mission. There is no reloading – pick your shots well and be ready to pry a loaded weapon from your enemies’ cold dead hands
- Stylish combat: Dodge bullets, leap off walls, slide kick, throw weapons – do whatever it takes to come out on top in intense and frenzied firefights
- Fully destructible environment: Pepper through plaster with sharp 4.7 mm rounds, punch through thick concrete with .50 cal slugs or make big holes in things with your arm cannon
- Dynamic AI: No two battles are the same thanks to dynamic, unscripted, squad-based AI
- Firefight Mode: Chase high scores and fast times for leaderboard acclaim in this arcade-style mode. Features 42 levels, each with their own sub-challenges, and over 20 unlockable, game-modifying ‘Mutators’
- Campaign Mode: Blast through six compact story chapters as you battle against the forces of nefarious mega-corporation, EdenSys
- Accessibility: A range of adjustable settings for features such as difficulty, visuals, audio, controls, navigation, and more
As a publisher, Digerati is dedicated to helping independent developers bring their creations to the market and into the hands of gamers. We take care of funding, distribution, marketing, and production, leaving developers to focus on what they love – making incredible games and unique experiences.
About Greylock Studio
Based in Massachusetts, Greylock Studio was founded by Matt Larrabee in 2020 and focuses on making immersive action games.
Merge Games is a global video game publisher, developer, and distributor based in Manchester, UK. The company publishes and distributes games worldwide for PC, consoles, and streaming platforms, including Dead Cells, Streets of Rage 4, Spirit of the North, Cloudpunk, Aragami, and Alex Kidd in Miracle World DX. Merge is also developing its own survival game, Smalland, in-house. In 2021, Merge Games was acquired by Zordix AB (publ).Sponsor this Article!