The default user for news generated by press releases or guest posted from other websites! But we can pretend that I'm really some hot journalist eating his morning cereal!
Analgesic Productions is excited to reveal its upcoming story-driven 3D platformer Sephonie will launch on April 12, 2022, on Windows PC and Mac.
Memories linger across time, deep beneath the island’s surface. In this story-driven 3D platformer, explore Sephonie Island’s massive cave network, and link with unidentified species using the novel Puzzle Grid system. Explore the island’s depths as shipwrecked biologists Amy, Ing-wen, and Riyou, whose personal histories come to bear on the shifting spiritual landscape of the island depths.
Use an acrobatic moveset to navigate lush, jade canopies and rusty sandstone spires. Fling yourself over high ledges using the satisfying Teledash Vault and deftly Wallrun across dangerous outcroppings.
Grapple through the air with the help of long-tongued Ribbats or climb tall cliffs via sticky-ridged Gripshrooms. Linking with certain creatures will grant you new abilities to reach the farthest depths of the island.
The Relaxing and Casual Puzzle Grid System
The trio must research the island’s unknown creatures by Linking with them. Using the one-of-a-kind “Puzzle Grid” system, you’ll rotate and place a series of multi-colored pieces onto the board to create large, same-colored islands. Each creature has different challenges to overcome!
There’s no ‘right’ solution to Linking: use your intuition to react to the creature’s moves and what appears on the board, and you will soon be on your way to success!
A Research Trip Gone Awry
In the near future, three biologists are on a joint mission to use their state-of-the-art ONYX implants to research the creatures of the uninhabited Sephonie Island. But as they approach the island, a sudden storm leaves them shipwrecked.
Amy Lim, Taiwanese-American and bold leader, hails from the midwestern USA town of Bloomington. Riyou Hayashi, an analytically-minded Japanese-Taiwanese researcher, calls the bustling Tokyo his home. And Ing-wen Lin, a kind and considerate Taiwanese scientist, lives in Taipei.
The trio will find their motivations and loyalties put to the test as they navigate Sephonie’s caverns, facing not only physical challenges but also their deepest memories and dreams. As they grow more intimate with each other and the island, an ancient force, brewing deep in the island’s abyss, may threaten their newfound relationship, and the world…
- A deep, emotional story about the close bonds of a trio, the priorities of nations, and the delicate connection between humans and nature.
- A human experience crafted entirely by the IGF Grand Prize-nominated duo of Marina Kittaka and Melos Han-Tani, behind works such as Anodyne 1 & 2, Even the Ocean, and All Our Asia.
- Master a parkour-esque moveset to sprint, wallrun, jump, and fling yourself through Sephonie Island’s rocky and physical caverns!
- A novel and accessible Puzzle Grid system that will stretch your brain in fun ways.
- A screenshot mode that lets you pose the characters and creatures you meet in the game, and then take fun photos!
- A beautiful and varied cave system filled with all manner of large and surprising creatures, visually brought to life by Marina Kittaka.
- A lush, melodic, and ambient soundtrack by Melos Han-Tani.
- The postgame “Bubble Adventure” and fiendishly hidden items provide a fun challenge for advanced spelunkers.
About Analgesic Productions
Analgesic Productions is a studio specializing in single-player, narrative-heavy adventure games with experimental flair and twists on traditional gameplay. We are Marina Kittaka and Melos Han-Tani. We’re the creators of Anodyne, Anodyne 2, Even the Ocean, All Our Asias, Bratavism, and more.Sponsor this Article!