The default user for news generated by press releases or guest posted from other websites! But we can pretend that I'm really some hot journalist eating his morning cereal!
Developer GameTomo today announces its emotive narrative adventure Sumire is releasing on Mac for both Steam and the App Store and is coming to iOS in early Spring 2022, having previously launched to critical acclaim on both PC and Nintendo Switch.
Embarking on an enchanting journey with Sumire at dawn’s first light, players are offered the opportunity to experience the perfect day after a chance encounter with a mystical flower spirit. Set out on a magical adventure through a breathtaking Japanese mountain village, brought to life with storybook visuals and a stunning Japanese-infused emotional soundtrack. Discover beauty in the benign in this mythical tale, grounded in the everyday human experience. Make friends, conquer fears, and live your best day to see Sumire’s secret dreams come true.
For one single day, the realms of the magical and the mundane are one and the same, creating chances for new friendships with plants, animals, and perhaps a statue or two. As the day shifts from dawn to dusk, reflect on love in its many forms, including the often-overlooked realities of relationships soured by conflict, loss, or things unsaid. Is a perfect day one spent making yourself, or those around you happy?
From the studio that brought Superhot and Cuphead to Japan, Sumire blends Eastern and Western storytelling into an ethereal experience with a true sense of self. The original soundtrack by the award-winning Japanese duo TOW and a group of talented supporting musicians brings the storybook world of Sumire to life, creating a vibrant world that players become an integral part of as each decision charts a path to an ending befitting the choices made in pursuit of the perfect day.
Michael Ely, Director at GameTomo said, “When we created Sumire, we wanted to make a game that would touch players’ lives. The response so far has been amazing, and we hope many more people will find a way to create their one perfect day in Sumire.“
Sumire is out now on Mac via Steam and the App Store for $9.99 alongside a free demo and coming to iOS Spring 2022. Sumire is also currently available on PC via Steam and on the Nintendo Switch Online Shop.
Sumire is an indie narrative adventure, featuring a one-day journey through a picturesque Japanese village. In this enchanted place, a disenchanted girl named Sumire meets a mischievous spirit who makes her a deal to fulfill her most desired wish.
But in order to see this wish come true, she must complete a series of tasks in return, before night falls and this special day reaches its end.
A Narrative Quest-Driven Adventure
- Follow Sumire on a series of quests both big and small, given by charming forest creatures, quirky townspeople, and Sumire’s own heartfelt needs.
- Take or refuse them, but be wary: as the day progresses, your path will change and you may never get the same chance again.
- Discover collectibles, bonus items, tests of skill, and other challenges — some hidden, some not.
- Explore a variety of lush, beautiful environments rendered in a painterly style.
- A one day time limit. With the sky changing from the promise of morning to the soft twilight, all choices are finished when the sky turns to violet.
Between the Magical and the Mundane
- For a single day, the magical world crosses with ordinary life for Sumire.
- Within this ambiguous time, be extra mindful of words, choices, and actions taken.
- What awaits at the end of the day…?
A Day to Remember, and Choices to be Made
- Guide Sumire through her reality, her dreams, and her memories.
- As the sky changes throughout the day, Sumire too must come to terms with the changes that have affected her life, as well as those around her.
- How Sumire ultimately addresses these matters is influenced by the player’s guidance, seeking to turn a life unlived into a final dream come true.
GameTomo is a Japanese studio, localizer, and publisher with a team from all over the world based in Tokyo. Our mission is to bring gamers together across the globe.Sponsor this Article!