The default user for news generated by press releases or guest posted from other websites! But we can pretend that I'm really some hot journalist eating his morning cereal!
The long-awaited base-building survival game with action RPG elements, The Riftbreaker™, can finally be played by gamers around the globe on their favorite platform. Turn on your PC, Xbox, and PlayStation, or get the game straight from Game Pass, and report for duty.
“Captain Nowak, the mission you’ve been training for is about to start. Your Mecha-Suit awaits, the trajectory of your space travel to Galatea 37 has been set. The only question is, are you ready to accept the challenge, explore the unknown planet, build our base there, and face hordes of alien, hostile creatures swarming the planet? Remember, once you accept the mission, there’s no going back.”
Start your mission by getting The Riftbreaker™ for $29.99, 29.99 EUR, or 24.99 GBP from Steam, GOG, the Epic Games Store, the PlayStation Store, the Microsoft Store, or as a part of Xbox Game Pass. The physical edition is also available for both consoles.
ABOUT THE RIFTBREAKER™
As Captain Ashley S. Nowak, “the Riftbreaker,” you enter a one-way portal to Galatea 37, a distant planet at the far reaches of the Milky Way. Your purpose is to build and develop a base that will allow travel to and from Earth for further colonization. Ashley’s Mecha-Suit, which she calls “Mr. Riggs,” can withstand the harshest environmental conditions and has a full range of equipment for base construction, resource extraction, specimen gathering, and of course – combat. It is also capable of traveling through rifts that connect space across vast distances.
THE RIFTBREAKER™ – MAIN FEATURES
- CAMPAIGN – Take on an epic journey across all the different biomes of Galatea 37. You will establish multiple persistent bases across the globe that will fuel your economy. Research alien substances and lifeforms and fight hordes of alien creatures who clearly aren’t happy with your interference with the planet’s natural order. The campaign spans multiple hours and offers a remarkable degree of freedom in a super detailed, procedurally generated world. You can decide what to prioritize and what technologies you want to use. You’re the only human there, after all.
- SURVIVAL – Your mission is to survive a set amount of time fighting off increasingly difficult waves of enemy creatures. Each mission in the game is randomized, offering nearly endless replayability.
- SANDBOX – If the intense fight for survival isn’t your thing, try out Sandbox mode, where we give you control over the entire game – including resources, enemy spawns, and weather conditions.
- BASE BUILDING – Your task is to construct a two-way rift connected to Earth. This will be a very complex undertaking requiring enormous amounts of energy. Simple solar collectors and a few tons of steel will not be enough. You’ll need to build up an intricate chain of mines, refineries, power plants, and research facilities to complete this mission.
- EXPLORATION – Galatea 37 is an unfamiliar planet in the Sycorax belt of the Milky Way galaxy. Remote surveys have detected that it is inhabitable and perfect for colonization. The planet is full of rare minerals and substances that can be found scattered across the globe. Various biomes will surprise you with unknown flora and fauna as well as harsh weather conditions. Construct local outposts in resource-rich locations to transport the required resources using rift technology.
- DEFENSE – Your presence on this planet will not go unnoticed! As you build up your industry and disrupt the natural order, the planet will start to see you as a threat. Build your defenses. Construct walls, barriers, and defense towers as the attacks get stronger with every passing day. You’ll face thousands of hostile creatures attempting to eliminate your presence.
- HACK, SLASH, SHOOT – Mr. Riggs can be equipped with powerful weapons and abilities that will allow you to take on the largest of beasts. You’ll need to be ready to face hordes of hostile alien creatures as you explore the planet.
- GATHER SAMPLES AND STRANGE ARTIFACTS – Felled beasts will drop valuable research specimens as well as rare resources. Use everything you can gather to research and craft new technologies, buildings, weapons, and equipment. You can also scout the terrain using your sensors and dig for treasure buried underground.
- RESEARCH – Use your gathered samples to research new technologies that will help you build up your base, improve your defenses, develop new blueprints for your Mecha-Suit, or improve existing technologies.
- CRAFT – Mr. Riggs is fully customizable and upgradeable. Use the blueprints that you’ve researched to craft new parts and weapons. Utilizing better materials in the crafting process will result in gear with improved properties. Each crafted item has unique properties.
- CUSTOMIZE YOUR GAMEPLAY – The Riftbreaker™’s gameplay can be customized to fit your playstyle. You can change the frequency of enemy attacks and their strength and numbers, as well as resource abundance, weather events, enemy damage, and tons of other settings. There are also multiple difficulty presets to suit the needs of both hardcore strategy players and those who want a laid-back base-building experience.
- INTERACTIVE STREAMING – The Riftbreaker™ has built-in integration with all the most popular streaming services. The stream’s audience can actively participate in the game through multiple options, e.g., by voting to send waves of new enemies, donating resources, or spawning environmental disasters like a tornado.
- THE SCHMETTERLING ENGINE – This game is built using the latest iteration of EXOR Studios’ in-house developed Schmetterling 2.0 engine, which was previously used to create X-Morph: Defense™ and Zombie Driver™. We pride ourselves in delivering fluid gameplay and utilizing all your hardware’s capabilities – uncapped frame rate, support for widescreen monitors, customizable controls, and more.
- COMMUNITY-DRIVEN DEVELOPMENT – If you’ve already read everything up to this point, then you might be interested in helping us shape the game. Please get in touch with us via our official Discord server or any other of our social media channels. We’ll be sharing inside info about the progress of the game’s development, and we’d love to hear your feedback. Please come and help us make The Riftbreaker™ the game YOU want to play!
About EXOR Studios
EXOR Studios is an independent game studio located in Szczecin, Poland. A team of passionate veterans, EXOR Studios focuses on delivering high-quality titles for core gaming platforms – PC and consoles. EXOR Studios was officially founded in 2007. However, the company’s roots as a modding group can be traced back to as early as 2003. The studio’s first major project was D.I.P.R.I.P., a total conversion mod for Valve Software’s Source Engine. The experience and know-how gained from this project have allowed the team to produce the games they love and want to make. The first standalone game from EXOR was Zombie Driver, which has sold over 800,000 copies across multiple gaming platforms. The studio’s latest game, X-Morph: Defense, was released on PC, Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and Nintendo Switch to the acclaim of game critics and players alike.Sponsor this Article!