The default user for news generated by press releases or guest posted from other websites! But we can pretend that I'm really some hot journalist eating his morning cereal!
Today is a big day for our heroes! The publisher Microids, IMPS, and OSome Studio are proud to announce the new video game The Smurfs – Mission Vileaf is now available in North America on Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One consoles, and PC. The game is also compatible with PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S and will be available later this year on these platforms!
An intuitive and accessible adventure, The Smurfs – Mission Vileaf will delight all gamers, young and experienced, Smurfs and 3D platformers fans. It will also be possible to play through all 5 worlds, both in solo and in two-player cooperation modes.
In a dusty grimoire hidden deep in his laboratory, the wizard Gargamel discovered the formula to create an evil plant: the Vileaf.
This plant produces seeds that can attract and imprison Smurfs… but this plant is also a great danger for the forest, as it is very toxic!
Papa Smurf decides to take charge of the situation and ask his fellow Smurfs to help him find the ingredients for a super-powerful antidote for all the plants sick from the Vileaf. Thanks to the Smurfizer, a revolutionary invention from Handy Smurf, go on an adventure to find the ingredients and free your fellow Smurfs… and save the whole forest!
- An intuitive and accessible adventure for all ages – The Smurfs – Mission Vileaf will delight all profiles, young and old, Smurfs fans and 3D platformers acidionados, as well as occasional and more experienced players.
- An exceptional cast – Embody 4 iconic Smurfs: The Smurfette, Hefty Smurf, Brainy Smurf and Chef Smurf
- The Smurfizer, a very useful smurfing equipment! Designed by Handy Smurf, this tool will not only allow you to heal the contaminated plants, but it will also facilitate your exploration, empowering you with higher jumps, gliding and diving capacity, and a revolutionary vacuuming function to help you tackle all the obstacles you will come across.
- A platform and exploration game – Scour the nooks and crannies of 5 varied and colorful worlds, find your way through vertical levels to collect the ingredients that will allow you to concoct the antidote to save the forest!
- Save the forest together! – A second player will be able to join the adventure by playing a small robot named S.A.M. (Smurftronic Aerial Machine)! Invented by Handyman Smurf, this little ally can attach or detach itself from Vaporischtroumpf at any time and has some very useful smurfing abilities. Thus, S.A.M. can heal the surrounding plants, fly, and even throw explosive seeds on the enemies!
- Bring the Smurf’s village back to life ! As players progress through the adventure, they will be able to upgrade the Smurfizer by collecting items among the levels and restore the Smurfs village to its former glory.
Check out the game’s retail versions: The Smurftastic and the Collector Editions!
The Smurftastic Edition contains:
- The game on PlayStation®4, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch
- 3 lithographs (10x15cm)
- A Papa Smurf keychain (5cm)
- Sticker sheets (11×8,5cm)
The Collector Edition on Nintendo Switch contains all items available in the Smurftastic Edition plus two items:
- A resin Hefty Smurf figurine (14.5cm)
- The game soundtrack (digitally claimable with a code)
The Smurfs – Mission Vileaf is available from October 26 on PC (Steam & GOG) and is now available on Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One consoles. The game is compatible with PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S. PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S versions will be available on December 2nd.
Microids is a French video game publisher. Founded in 1985, Microids’ editorial strategy now focuses on 4 major areas: adventure games, racing games, retro gaming, and games inspired by iconic titles. By collaborating with renowned studios and authors (Pendulo Studios, Eden Studios, Benoît Sokal, Paul Cuisset, Philippe Dessoly, and Pierre Adane), Microids have become a major player in international video games. Taking inspiration from legendary titles, including Asterix & Obelix, and Titeuf, Garfield, Fort Boyard, XIII, and Blacksad, Microids reaches a wide audience and creates original adventures which give gamers the chance to play as some of their most beloved characters.
About Peyo, IMPS (International Merchandising Promotions & Services)
IMPS is the world license holder for The Smurfs. Ever since its establishment in 1984, IMPS has worked closely with its teams worldwide to develop with success many merchandising programs, retail operations, publishing activities, broadcasting offers, theme parks, shows, video games, online games, official Smurfs license soundtrack… All of which played a part in the global success of the franchise. IMPS is managed by Véronique Culliford, Pierre Culliford’s daughter, the Smurfs’s creator, better known by his pseudonym Peyo.Sponsor this Article!