The default user for news generated by press releases or guest posted from other websites! But we can pretend that I'm really some hot journalist eating his morning cereal!
Mechanistry announced that its lumberpunk city-building game Timberborn will enter early access on September 15, 2021. The game allows the player to pick a faction of post-apocalyptic beavers, build a colony on drought-stricken Earth, and play with water physics, destructible terrain, and vertical architecture. Timberborn launches on PC & Mac via Steam, GOG, and Epic Games Store.
The announcement came with the Early Access trailer’s premiere at Future Games Show Gamescom as well as a new playable faction reveal presented at Awesome Indies Show.
Developers from Mechanistry argue that when Timberborn launches on September 15, the game will offer a unique take on the city-building genre. “Timberborn is all about beavers, and its lumberpunk setting works well with that. To survive in the dry wasteland, your beaver colony redirects rivers with dams and floodgates, terraforms, and cuts trees to build sophisticated machinery and vertical cities. At the same time, we can go wild with post-apocalyptic elements like dynamite or beaver breeding pods”, says Bartlomiej Dawidow, lead designer at Mechanistry.
Also revealed today was Timberborn’s second playable faction. The Iron Teeth beavers put work and progress over everything else. Their industrious nature manifests in the unique architecture and exclusive buildings, including engines and resource-fed breeding pods, among others.
Timberborn’s early access is a follow-up to the game’s popular demo which debuted at Steam Game Festival in February. It stayed among the top three most played demos across the event and then raked up over 175.000 downloads. The massive feedback from players influenced the shape of the early access version, resulting in expanded water gameplay, new UI, and more.
Timberborn – Early Access highlights
- Two different beaver factions, each with unique buildings, visual style, and gameplay traits: expert farmers Folktails and the industrious Iron Teeth.
- Floodgates, canals, river control – all the cool beaver stuff that utilizes destructible terrain and water physics.
- Dry seasons – beavers need to irrigate the land to keep fields and forests alive even when the droughts hit. They use pumps, irrigation towers, reservoirs and more.
- Vertical architecture – buildings are stacked atop one another, allowing the player to create tall megastructures or vast cities spanned by platforms and bridges.
- Lumberpunk – the beavers build sophisticated machinery, use dynamite, and scavenge human ruins for resources.
- Running a living settlement: with individually simulated units, day-and-night cycles, and district mechanics, the player maintains a truly advanced wood-chewing colony.
Timberborn Early Access comes to PC and Mac via Steam, GOG, and Epic Games Store. Timberborn will cost $24.99 with a launch week discount of 10%.
Founded in Poland in 2018, Mechanistry is now a team of seven, working on its debut title, the beaver city-building game called Timberborn. Since the beginning of its operations, Mechanistry has been working remotely, with each member of the team living in a different city.Sponsor this Article!