The default user for news generated by press releases or guest posted from other websites! But we can pretend that I'm really some hot journalist eating his morning cereal!
Dark fantasy strategy role-playing game, Vagrus: The Riven Realms, has delivered its largest combat update to date. The multi-award-winning Fig-backed title and poster child for its Open Access funding model) sees players take charge of an armed traveling company (‘comitatus’) in a narrative-heavy sandbox world.
With a core focus on vast story-telling, lore, and challenging gameplay befitting its post-apocalyptic fantasy setting, players will need to trade, explore perilous locations, adapt their choices, and make important moral decisions in an amoral world.
The ‘Target Acquired’ update brings long-anticipated improvements to its strategic turn-based combat, including a number of new options to configure attack preferences. The update also includes refinements to Vagrus’ unique Appeasement system.
“In Vagrus you’ll always need to weigh up risks versus rewards. It’s not always the best course of action to fight, even if you’re stronger than the enemy. Sometimes there’s less pain in giving them what they want.”
Whether you prepare your comitatus with militaristic might or choose to rely heavily on trade, the ‘Target Acquired’ update offers you more ways to appease your enemies, without instantly reaching for cold steel. Exploring the game world to discover and obtain these valuable charms and tools has become even more viable, opening up greater tactical opportunities when faced with challenging combat encounters.
With the update now live, existing players can continue their journey to conquer the wastes. Vagrus: The Riven Realms is available on Steam and Fig ($24.99) as an Early Access title.
- Explore a dark hand-crafted sandbox world that you’re free to discover and explore.
- Experience a branching narrative with over 1 million words of story and events.
- Soak up extensive lore through the game’s vast Codex, that delves deep into the game’s universe, born from the studio’s decades of pen and paper campaigns.
- Engage in deep turn-based combat and fight with your comitatus and companions in strategic, challenging encounters.
- Court 10 warring factions and align yourself to unique groups with their own complex principals and relationships. Who will you choose as opponents, adversaries, affiliates and allies?
- Encounter unique characters and recruit fully-developed characters to your caravan to serve in versatile roles, such as scoutmaster, quartermaster or guard captain.
- Manage your crew, so prepare for treacherous journeys that require careful planning to avoid disaster. Effectively managing your supplies, cargo, and crew is key to survival.
- Enjoy stunning art, with Digitally hand-painted maps, environments, and 2D artwork.
Lost Pilgrims as a studio was born out of an epic fantasy adventure: its founders have been playing tabletop RPG together for over 20 years with a group of friends. During their sessions using AD&D and D&D systems, the Riven Realms, a dark fantasy setting was born, becoming an ever-expanding setting for the campaigns. With all the characters, events, maps, history, and countless adventures prepared over the years, it was destined for more, and so Geri and Gábor founded Lost Pilgrims in late 2017 to bring those adventures to a wider audience.
- New MMO for Kids, NEO 2045 Now Available in Open Beta!
- New RPG: Eden Falling has Closed Alpha Steam Key Giveaways
- Turn-Based Tactical RPG Reverie Knights Tactics Prologue Is Now Free on Steam
- Introducing Space Punks – A Top-Down Looter Shooter That Lets You Blast Your Way to Fame and Glory!
- Get 45% OFF on Collapsed Until August 7!