Job Description: Digital Content Creator
Assignment: Contract to Hire
Location: Work from Home
Salary: $10/post, increase to $20/post after 30-day probationary period.
You must be able to:
• Create, curate, and promote provocative and compelling content across social media channels.
- This means posting once a week on SassyGamers.com. The expected content is one (1) submission. This may be a pre-recorded video, a posted article of at least 1000 words, a podcast, a blog post of at least 1000 words, etc.
• Build audience, engage followers, and generate incoming traffic from social channels.
- This means at least one post to a social media outlet per day. For example, 1 public Twitter post, Instagram post, reddit post, etc.
(For example, you may be posting for ABC.com but that will not count towards your work for SassyGamers.com. You are to be building YOUR audience on OUR behalf. So we require at least 1 public post under your own name not advertising someone else’s product. This can be on any publically available social platform and the posts do not have to be to the same platform each day.
• Identify / package compelling visuals to accompany stories.
- The creativity here lies in what you post for articles and videos. SassyGamers.com is made for the gaming community but gaming can mean a lot of things from platforms, PCs, Tabletop, Card Games, etc. Under each type of game there are a lot of themes. So there is a lot of freedom here in what you post. It’s your job to choose content that is interesting and cohesive in relation to gamers. But that doesn’t mean it has to be ABOUT a game.
Just tag it properly when you post. For example, if you want to post a video about your trip to Vegas- YOU CAN. Just categorize it under your personal vlog OR if it is related to gaming, your appropriate gaming category. (Or both!) More categories can be made upon request.
• Monitor and continuously improve social media reach and engagement.
- This is not as intensive as it seems. All employees of SassyGamers.com will be working towards this goal. This bullet point is just to assure that the purpose of SassyGamers.com is to provide content to gamers and build beneficial partnerships with other meaningful organizations in the gaming community.
- As a disclaimer, content posted on SassyGamers.com still belongs to you and we do not require your posts to be exclusive to SassyGamers.com. You may post your content on other social media platforms since you as a social entity are contributing your work to our website. Building your own brand is not exclusive to building SassyGamers.com and we consider that to be a mutual benefit. That being said, please allow one week before posting your content elsewhere. Your content is your own, but we are paying for the right to host this content first.
• At least 1 year related professional experience, ideally creating content and building audience / engagement for a publisher or media brand.
• The ability to execute on big / strange ideas, write brilliant copy, and generate compelling creative in service of our stories.
• A mind forever voyaging, a great sense of humor, and obscure knowledge of the internet and internet culture.
• Experience and proven ability to develop social media content that generates social reach and builds meaningful audience.
• A complete and instinctive understanding of social networks, social trends, and how they can be leveraged collectively to drive impact, loyalty, and engagement.
• Ability to learn, utilize, and improve internal systems and processes.
• A desire to be involved with entrepreneurial weirdos.
SassyGamers.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of an individual’s sex, age, race, color, creed, national origin, alienage, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation or affectional preference, gender identity and expression, disability, genetic trait or predisposition, carrier status, citizenship, veteran or military status and other personal characteristics protected by law. All applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected characteristics.
If you are Interested…
Email me at Admin [at] sassygamers.com or DM me on twitter at @gamersgotsass